Post Thanks / Like

Default Com’s XJ-110 Build

Com’s XJ-110

Well here are a few pictures of some of the items that I have acquired for the new XJ-110 Build that Jay Cooper and the Guy’s at Domination Chassis in Castle Shannon Pa are building and to be completed by (hopefully) Bantam’s get together in June………..

The Engine is a Liftout from a 2010 1500K (<40k mi) it’s an LS3 6.2L L9H w/ 6L80E

The Differentials Dana 60’s, the Front is from a King Pin F-350 DRW, and the Rear is from a 2001 W2500 w/ Disc Brakes

The Chassis construction will be starting shortly, when it’s completed there will be some XJ sheet metal & 3/16’s sheeting hung from a complete tube chassis of a two box design with pneumatic suspension to drop it so I can get my azz in & out, then raise it so it wouldn’t get wet. It will also have exterior rub rails at the belt & roof lines so that immovable objects can be used to turn with, it will incorporate removable doors w/ tube replacements for those warm Central Florida days and A/C for the warmer ones……….

Post Thanks / Like

That should be one bad ass ride, cant wait to see more of it.

Post Thanks / Like

Keep us posted!
    91 YJ (2" lift - needs some lovin), 01 YFM366 (waaaayyy too much to list, its a money pit), SDG 125 Pitbike

THE ULTIMATE WELLSVILLE PLAYLIST
    THE ULTIMATE WELLSVILLE PLAYLIST: PART II
    THE ULTIMATE WELLSVILLE PLAYLIST: PART III

Post Thanks / Like

take pics and take pics often.
    YJ (sold it and haven't looked back)
    cr250
    400ex

Post Thanks / Like

Well, made a commitment with the following Vendor’s today:
    Automotive Digital Wiring Systems: ISIS Power Systems, 3-CELL Starter Kit, waterproof and shielded……….

Modify LS3 6.2L L9H / 6L80E Wiring Harness:
    Street & Performance - Hot Rod Lane, they came highly recommended by Lokar, its waterproof / marine grade, w/ paddle shifter and DBW Peddle……….
    I also spoke with Southern Performance Systems........

I'll place the order for the (5) 20x12 & (5) 20x15 DBL Split Rims from Stazworks Extreme Offroad before I take off for EJS today.........

Post Thanks / Like

Up-Date on XJ-110

Spent about three hours today on the phone with the Chassis Fabricator, Street & Performance ECU & Harness, ISIS Power and their three cell system, and Dakota Digital w/ their 8 Gauge Marine Package w/ TU/TD shifter interface and self leveling air ride suspension controls. With all three vendors supplying their product with Delphi Weather Tech connectors and firewall penetrations with vulcanized grommets, the Body Harness is starting to become a real bastard with operation of the front & rear winch controls & auxiliary lighting circuits. The new parts pile keeps getting deeper if fact it is taking up a complete stall now 5ft deep…………..

Also spoke with MasterCraft (Baja RS® Seats) and Corbeau (Baja RS) seats for wider ass holders, towel bar type sliders, flip-up hinges, waterproofed foam and seat cover…………

Ordered the double Beadlock wheels 20x15 (aluminum wheel & argent rock ring) and tires 44x19.50x20 Boggers, there is more in the wheel & tire pkg then the Motor & Transmission ouch!

We maybe stretching it out to 117” WB to get the pneumatic suspension to work better, it’s just a few more inches to the length of the drive shafts…………

Also made the arrangements for all of the Powder Coating of the chassis and miscellaneous body panels, thankful for a coater close with a large enough oven to cook the chassis as a whole unit…………..

Looking better everyday, the 44" wooden mock-up rollers got here today and the axle assemblies were taken apart also (Yukon & Randy's going to be very happy), I'll get Ben to start taking pictures daily........

Post Thanks / Like

Well, everything for the Differentials hub to hub has been ordered from Blue @ Randy’s R&P, and it’s all Yukon Part’s to boot, and John over at Stazworks is pumping out a set of (5) Cheyenne 8 in a 20”x12” Double Beadlock Split Rim w/ Cold Role Ring, and TransAmerica for (5) 41x14.50Rx20 ROK-25. Just as a side note there are (5) Cheyenne 8 in a 20”x15” DBSRw/CRR & (5) 19.5/44x20 TSL Boggers for playing in Central Florida at the local mud holes & Trail Riding………..

Post Thanks / Like

Well, here are some more Pictures; Jay has started on the main rails, and the bay full of inventory waiting to be installed………..

Josh, over at Streetwerkz is working feverishly on the PC samples, my wheels are somewhere in the universe just where I do not know……….

Los Gringos locos

Post Thanks / Like

Lots to do,, lots of pieces and parts, cant wait to see it done. Very cool to see you use box tubing for the frame.

Post Thanks / Like

First fitting:

Later

Com

11. Likes Ghost Rider liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Guess what this is?

More fun than Xmas………..

Later

Com

Post Thanks / Like

I really don't know all that much about this big boy truck stuff, but my guess is a Atlas transfer case?

TheUndectableBlur Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Red&Black View Post
    I really don't know all that much about this big boy truck stuff, but my guess is a Atlas transfer case?
    http://www.advanceadapters.com/produ...transfer-case/

Looks close.

Post Thanks / Like

Makes me jealous, just cant seem to bring myself to drop $2k+ on a t-case.

16. Likes OhioRenegade liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It only stings until you slip it into 4Hi and smoke the 41” IROKs…………

18. Likes giveitagallon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Been looking for a D300 to build, Ive broke 2 front outputs on the 231, the Atlas is just out of my budget.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, some of the last big ticket items are in production at this time and/or in transit, Swamp Rods air ride system has been finalized with Phil & Tim at Slam Specialties, my spring specifications from Slams new Air Ride Lift Systems which we are finishing up on its development, the control processor and code are in the works for an active system control unit………..

It weights in at 3Lbs per bag and from 0" to 13" of lift in a heart beat @ 250psi..........

They come with them for a slightly larger amount………..

That option is on the Air Bag page……….

The FoMoCo SRW Front D60 Hubs came from Chevy_Eater over around Shamokin Northumberland County, they got to the shop yesterday, time to rehab them……….

By the way if any of you young guns out there think you are an artisan, Domination Chassis is looking for another Fabricator and if you’re lucky enough one may get a few hours in on the Swamp Rod Project…………..

Later

Com

21. Likes yjcorey655 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder what's the progress of this build. Have you finished upgrading the suspension lift kit? Hoping to get some feedback on the air ride system you installed.

Thread Information