Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 2012 Hair Scramble at the Village OHV Club

Yeah Buddy!

Village OHV Club Harescramble

Rules & Regulations
    General Rules:
    All Riders are REQUIRED to wear helmets, eyeprotection and proper riding attire including UTV riders.
    No sanction license is required
    Position will be determined by number of laps completed inallotted time for class you are riding in.
    There will be a checkpoint at the finish line, Machinesmust make a complete stop at the checkpoint, This is a NO PASSING ZONE youleave as you come in, not obeying this rule will consequence in a penaltydetermined by officials.
    Therewill be 30 minutes given for riders to complete the course after the leader hasfinished, after the 30 minutes you will be required to leave the course andreturn to staging to determine your positioning.
    There will be caution tapes and marked posts for cut-ableturns along with officials, if a turn is cut short you will be required toreturn to the track where you left and required to complete course as posted,if you continue to intentionally cut turns you WILL BE DISQUALIFIED.

ABSOLUTELY no reckless driving will be tolerated oroperating your machine in such a manner to endanger life or limb of othercompetitors, officials or spectators. Including but not limited to deliberateramming, blocking or intentional contact with another participant, running intoofficials or spectators, also competitors are solely responsible for their ownsafety.
    Unsportsmanlike conduct will NOT BE TOLERATED anddetermined by officials and typically ending up in disqualification in allpeople participating.
    Team Tactics are prohibited, and include but not limitedto: blocking, allowing another team or rider to pass in order to affect theoutcome of the race, penalties will be determined and put into effect ifincidents occur at official discretion.
    Absolutely NO ALCHOLIC BEVERAGE CONSUMPTION will betolerated for competitors for duration of the event you are participating in.
    Provided rider stickers must be worn at all times on yourhelmet to determine your position, if not worn as described you are doingnothing but jeopardizing your own outcome in the race.
    No towing will be allowed for any vehicle to complete arace, if your broken down your done, unless you can be repaired off the side ofthe track where you can return from that point, if you can get your machineback to your pit for repair you will be required to return to starting pointand you will lose that lap.
    No extra fuel can be carried on machines, if you think youwill run out have pit crew in staging area before and out of the way forre-fueling.
    If you qualify for the next scheduled race and you do notattend you are out of the competition as this is a three race series for afinal.
    If such an incident occurs and there is an accident in themiddle of the marked race area, you are allowed to go out and around at yourdiscretion but no more then 20ft off course to get around but you MUST returnback to the marked course soon as you are clear of obstruction, If you fail tocomply YOU WILL BE DISQUALIFIED at officials discretion.
    ALL CLASSES RACE FOR ONE HOURAFTER THAT HOUR THER WILL BE 30 MIN GIVEN IN ALL CLASSES FOR RIDERS TO FINISHAFTER FIRST PLACECOMPETITOR FINISHS

UTV Rules:
    There will be two classes to for you to be determinedin.

OPEN:This class is for all RZR XP’s, Wildcats and all other side x sides withmodifications done to them whether it be motor mods, suspension, super orturbocharged.
    LIMITED:This class is for all side x sides that have no modifications from the factory,outside of additions such as tires, intakes, plug and play electronics, andexhaust.
    Yourclass placement will be determined by officials upon your registration and youwill be required to show all modifications to the official looking at yourvehicle.
    AllUTV competitors are required to have a passenger/navigator riding with them.You are required to register as a team and your co-driver must be with you atthe time of registration.
    Thereis no driver change allowed during the race, if you start the race driving, youmust be the one driving when coming back into staging.
    Taillights must be on at all times of the race. All Vehicles must have rider restraints, doors, or side nets, and fullroll cages or you will not be allowed to compete.
    Themachine that you start with is the machine that you are required to finishwith. The provided identification stickers for the utv MUST BE PLACED ON THEHOOD OF VEHICLE, NOT ON YOUR HELMET.
    Nohorns, bells, or other sound devices are allowed to be on in the vehicles, youmust be aware of what is going on around you at all times.
    Thiswill be an engine running start, all competitors will be lined up according toclass and there will be a flagger, when the flag is dropped you go.
    TheLimited class will be lined up right behind the Open class and you will go oneminute afterwards when the flagger drops the flag you go.

ATV RULES:
    The provided identification stickers must be placed onthe right side of your helmet for easy identification.
    There will be FOUR classes in the ATV’s, First issport quads OPEN CLASS: This will beanything from 200cc - 700cc and up. In example RAPTORS, 700xx, etc.
    PRODUCTION CLASS: This willbe anything from 200cc - 450cc
    These classes include all modifications from 2 stroke to 4stroke, Big bore 450cc machines MUST run in open class.
    Youmust have a working kill switch of some sort whether it be a tether, key orhandlebar switch it must be working and obvious so an official or spectator canshut it off in the case of an accident.
    Secondclasses consist of all 4X4’s:
    4 X4 OPEN: This will consist of 561cc - 1000cc any modifications allowed inexample this is where the RENEGADES, V-FORCE’s SCRAMBLERS, WOLVERINES etc.
    4 X4 LITES This will consist of 200cc – 560cc any production model available.
    Thiswill be a dead start, you will be required to be standing 10ft behind your ATVand you must run and start your ATV keys on kick starts out and go.

BIKES:
    The provided identification stickers must be placed onright side of helmet for easy identification.
    This is a dead start, Riders must be standing off to theside of your machine. When the flag is dropped you get on start your machineand go.
    There will be Three classes anything 125cc – 700cc 2 strokeand 4 stroke
    OPEN CLASS: 250cc – 600cc anymodifications

LIMITED CLASS : 125cc – 450ccany modifications

PIT BIKE: Run what bring, anypit bike allowed

WEAR YOUR HELMETS AND ALL PROTECTIVEGEAR

MOST OF ALL:

DON’T BE STUPID !!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	476858_323326394408856_519465026_o.jpg 
Views:	677 
Size:	733.4 KB 
ID:	2675
    Last edited by OhioRenegade; 06-04-2012 at 09:14 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah buddy is right. Man it was hard keeping this a secret. More sponsors to come, along with some more details I'm sure. OR, if they run a 4x4 class, you in?

I for sure as hell am wheelin the wardog, fresh off its rebuild!

Doing stuff like this always turns out the best. Imagine if I actually liked working on the stuff I do for work. Hahahah.
    91 YJ (2" lift - needs some lovin), 01 YFM366 (waaaayyy too much to list, its a money pit), SDG 125 Pitbike

THE ULTIMATE WELLSVILLE PLAYLIST
    THE ULTIMATE WELLSVILLE PLAYLIST: PART II
    THE ULTIMATE WELLSVILLE PLAYLIST: PART III

Post Thanks / Like

HOW LONG IS THE HAIRSCRAMBLE? A SET AMOUT OF LAPS OR TIMED EVENT?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlast View Post
    Yeah buddy is right. Man it was hard keeping this a secret. More sponsors to come, along with some more details I'm sure. OR, if they run a 4x4 class, you in?

Doing stuff like this always turns out the best. Imagine if I actually liked working on the stuff I do for work. Hahahah.
    Maybe, but I dont think so.

Post Thanks / Like

2 hr timed event.
    91 YJ (2" lift - needs some lovin), 01 YFM366 (waaaayyy too much to list, its a money pit), SDG 125 Pitbike

6. Thanks Psycho Alpha thanked for this post
    Likes Psycho Alpha liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

2 hr timed event.
    Damn, I know back when I raced Hair Scramble most were 45 mins long and ripping 45 mins straight is exhausting.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OhioRenegade View Post
    Damn, I know back when I raced Hair Scramble most were 45 mins long and ripping 45 mins straight is exhausting.
    Ever since I have raced them they have been 1:30mins. 2hr's are the typical GNCC race time.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

2 hr timed event.
    Sweet thats what I was hoping for......

Post Thanks / Like

A guy could hurt himself proper in 2 hours. Hell, I've dumbed it up just pullin' off the trailer!
    Fat and downhill... That's how I roll!

12. Likes Deadlast, Psycho Alpha liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not in good enough shape for 2 hrs, I'll drink beer for those 2 hrs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Rider View Post
    Nope, Joe is a bad mofo. He carves the thanksgiving tukey with that same chainsaw.
    Quote Originally Posted by yjcorey655 View Post
    i'm starting to think joe is one gnarly mugga fugga

14. Likes buggytrash1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

2 hr timed event.
    +1
    Typically set up to be 4 laps for a A or AA pace
    KTMs and Yamahas

Post Thanks / Like

The races at Lightning are 2 hours, rocky down too there def not an easy race

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Alpha View Post
    The races at Lightning are 2 hours, rocky down too there def not an easy race
    Those guys are pros and are use to racing for hours straight. I know I cant last 2 hours anymore. I dont think many of us over 30 years old would last for 2 hours. I could be wrong

Post Thanks / Like

Those guys are pros and are use to racing for hours straight. I know I cant last 2 hours anymore. I dont think many of us over 30 years old would last for 2 hours. I could be wrong
    I'll try and represent the 30+ crowd proper like

19. Likes jshome, Red&Black liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

hmmmmm i will tell the group about this, need to race a harescramble
    Check out my youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/jeremymach2015

Post Thanks / Like

yeah, 2hrs racing hard is a bitch. I got out to have fun and push myself. MX and ATV riders are some of the toughest athletes on the planet. It's a hell of a work out. If the track is set up right, you get a lap or two in and find your line and then time flies by. It's quite the rush.

Post Thanks / Like

I'll try and represent the 30+ crowd proper like
    If anyone has a chance to make it the full 2 hours it would be you.

23. Thanks Psycho Alpha thanked for this post
    Likes Red&Black liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll post some flyer up at the local shops including Polaris dealer. I think a SxS harescramble is gonne be sweet

Post Thanks / Like

I'll post some flyer up at the local shops including Polaris dealer. I think a SxS harescramble is gonne be sweet
    Yeah the SXS will be in second heaven .

Post Thanks / Like

Just wait till its done man, this is still being worked on. They just needed to post something to get the word spread.

Post Thanks / Like

Just wait till its done man, this is still being worked on. They just needed to post something to get the word spread.
    Will do,,,,, Just let me know when and I'll go buck wild

Post Thanks / Like

All the CRA tracks were 2hours + 1 lap in the 90s, I just did Big Valley a month ago and it was the same 2hours + 1 lap on a 5 mile course. (I only got 8 laps in. My last two laps were crazy slow with a lot of stops... I think the overall winner had 12 laps.)
    I can't make the June event, but hope to be to the other(s)...

Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully the 2 wheel loop is different than the 4 wheels loop. I love just following arrows through fresh woods. Tight and gnarly.

Post Thanks / Like

should have a mini buggy class. I know its to late. just a thought

Post Thanks / Like

I will represent the over 40 class. I haven't raced in over ten years!
    Tim

32. Likes OhioRenegade liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Rules will be posted by tomorrow, it will start and finnish at the top of the power lines. We might back it down to a 1 hour race, two hours is going to be tough for any body.

34. Thanks OhioRenegade thanked for this post
    Likes OhioRenegade liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Updated the first post with the rules ,, copy and pasted from the other thread.

Post Thanks / Like

just read all the added info and rules. Very well done guys!

This looks to be quite the event. Hells yeah! The pitbike class should be quite entertaining to watch.

Few questions thou: Location? Different for each category? Event times? Registration? (just a few questions I have been asked; I'm sure your working on all this)

37. Likes OBYJ59 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I planned on being there but probably not racing. Just realized I can't even be there. Having a graduation party my stepson that day.
    2013 Can Am Renegade 1000R X xc
    2016 Polaris RZR XP Turbo

Thread Information