Post Thanks / Like

Default Hill Climb event

I want to thank every one for pitching in and helping out with the event. Over all we proved to the twp that a major event could be put on with out a loss of life or major problems. They claim we had 5000 people in the area between our place the free zone and yellow creek.

Traffic control was my only issue and people just being stupid. I think hand held radios is the next item needed to over come this traffic problem. Over all people did work with us when asked so at least we had that going for us.

2. Likes Deadlast, Red&Black liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheVillageohvClub View Post
    They claim we had 5000 people in the area between our place the free zone and yellow creek.
    Wow, that many? I would have guessed a couple thousand.

And look what it did for the local economy; they got to write hundreds of tickets. Those rat bastards!
    2013 Can Am Renegade 1000R X xc
    2016 Polaris RZR XP Turbo

Post Thanks / Like

yea they really showed how much they want to support the local buisness. I had a talk with them about this and pointed out how many buggies went back out of state when they heard about the hassle.

Post Thanks / Like

Can you give any indication as to how this event will help or hinder the future of the ride area.
    I personally am more interested in riding week after week, month after month, year after year.

I believe the greatest tangible positive result of the event is the proof that the road in can be kept open during a packed weekend. Especially with the climb starting right there.

Any plans to that end memorial day weekend?

sheepskin hill/aka topsoil

THE GOOD THING ABOUT QUADS IS ANYBODY CAN RIDE THEM
    THE BAD THING ABOUT QUADS IS ANYBODY CAN RIDE THEM

6. Likes Red&Black liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We are going to stay on top the road don't worry.

Post Thanks / Like

Damn, lots of people. Hopefully next time they actually go out on the trails after the event! Hahahah

As far as hosting event and the road issues, I got to thinking. The road is needed for access for the EMS, so future event still need to be close to a path or majority accessible at least. Perhaps some new "roads" off the main trail or in an area we would like to have future events at need to be cut/created. ANYWAYS, just thinking out loud here.

Glad the event drew such a great response. I heard a bunch of people say they saw a good looking flyer and decided to check out the websites for info.

Exciting stuff! Good things are coming.
    91 YJ (2" lift - needs some lovin), 01 YFM366 (waaaayyy too much to list, its a money pit), SDG 125 Pitbike

THE ULTIMATE WELLSVILLE PLAYLIST
    THE ULTIMATE WELLSVILLE PLAYLIST: PART II
    THE ULTIMATE WELLSVILLE PLAYLIST: PART III

Post Thanks / Like

For as many people that were trying to go both ways at once,we did ok .any time i was told to open the road (during the event) ,it only took a few minutes.could it be better? of course.we will be working in this.
    DON'T BE STUPID

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||
    |...BEER TRUCK..........| ||'|";, ___.
    |_..._..._______===|=||_|__|..., ] -
    "(@)'(@)"""''"**|(@)(@)*****''(@)
    1991 samurai 8valve tracker ,4:1 transfer case
    buggy -all stock hahaha

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone! It was a blast.
    I think next big event. CB radio for sure since none of us has single at the entrance of the drive way. Also I think it would be a great idea if we stationed a village dude at the start of the drive and stop each person explaining how the make it up the drive. Like tell each person going in to stay up against the hill and people that want out to go over by the soft shoulder. also explain to them they cant park on the drive and plug things up like so many did. Just a little coaching and preaching of the new area they are in. I think that alone would help out a lot. Maybe a little flyer with up comimg events etc and also some key tips as well.

Post Thanks / Like

we need to stage people for sure, like at least 3 coming up the hill with radios just in case some one gets out of line. Over all it was good if OR hadnt done such a good job on the road we would have been in major trouble getting people in and out. I didnt want the event to go down were it did but sometimes its takes letting things happen so people see it for them selves.

Cleared area's for such a event in the future is a great idea, just takes time and money but Im not as worried about either one of those now seeing how smooth it did go for the amount of people we had to deal with. Biggest thing is the twp seen it could be done, they were worried and i never said anything about that. I knew we could do it and never felt the need to pass this worry on to every one else.

I feel they took advantage with the ticket writing party they had going on but from what i seen and heard it was mostly legit so what can we really say. The kentucky group was another story hopefuly they learn from that mistake and those people come back. They really seemed like a good greoup, was it a good idea to have a gun on the dash? Personaly i would have thrown it in the glove box and told them it was in there if it come to that but thats just me.

Post Thanks / Like

I passed cops on the roads in the area several times over the weekend. Granted my truck and trailer is legit and I was watching the speed. Sometimes you are asking for the police to bother you.

Post Thanks / Like

we made a sizeable donation to the twp today so hopefully that will help our issues with them in the future.

Post Thanks / Like

Money talks!

15. Likes eddy2g liked this post

Thread Information