Post Thanks / Like

Default 4 families looking to come to The village

Hello like the title says my family and four others are looking into joining the The village. there is not much info on the campground(perm spot) I was wondering if there is any pics and i would like to talk to someone about all the ? we have before we make a move like this. Any help would be great thanks

Post Thanks / Like

I know iam new here and i have just started reading the threads. And i have many concerns this fourm is very mis leading to a new guy. i mean when you start reading it really looks or sounds like a terrible place to go. the riding looks great and a lot of riding but as far as a place to be a member or to get a spot to camp and leave you shit there. it does not sound good shit getting burnt or stolen that is not cool. Me and my hole family (4 campers and 15 people total maybe even more ) are looking to join and become members and regulars there. But to read iam not sure what to do or think.
    Is it still a problem or every a issue at the village or since they have taken over? we want to bring down 4 campers and get two spots and leave them there and come at least 2 a month if not more. But i dont want to come and find my shit burnt or broken into and all my shit gone or any of my families shit messed with. I pm a guy on here and have talked to him i think his name was rick( i suck with names) sorry if iam wrong on the name and he gave alot of info and was very nice to talk too. But to be honest iam really torn on making the plunge. so if any body would care to coment and be honest or blunt with me please do so thanks Chad

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome! If you havnt yet ,, make a trip and go riding for a day and then decide. Just like any other place, would you leave your car at the mall parking lot unlocked? If you leave a ATV unattended along the trail it might be gone or on fire when you come back. Things like that do happen. I have rode there since 1988 and never have had a problem like that but yes it could happen.

Post Thanks / Like

The campground is a great place full of great people, unfortunately the same can't be said for the surrounding communities. The majority of the theft and vandalism happens during the week when no one is around.
    2013 Can Am Renegade 1000R X xc
    2016 Polaris RZR XP Turbo

Post Thanks / Like

i can understand that kind of shit. if something like that happened then that would be my fault for being a dumb ass,
    Quote Originally Posted by OhioRenegade View Post
    Welcome! If you havnt yet ,, make a trip and go riding for a day and then decide. Just like any other place, would you leave your car at the mall parking lot unlocked? If you leave a ATV unattended along the trail it might be gone or on fire when you come back. Things like that do happen. I have rode there since 1988 and never have had a problem like that but yes it could happen.

Post Thanks / Like

Thats good to know. we are coming down this weekend a few of us to check the place out. I like what the village stands for i love to ride hell i love to go to the big hills and drink some beers and watch everybody else play.And this place sounds just like what we are looking for
    Quote Originally Posted by ridindirty View Post
    The campground is a great place full of great people, unfortunately the same can't be said for the surrounding communities. The majority of the theft and vandalism happens during the week when no one is around.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fatboypowdercoating View Post
    Thats good to know. we are coming down this weekend a few of us to check the place out. I like what the village stands for i love to ride hell i love to go to the big hills and drink some beers and watch everybody else play.And this place sounds just like what we are looking for
    yup you will love it then

Post Thanks / Like

is there 100% guarantee your camper wont be burnt? no. is your truck 100% safe at all times? no. however the village is doing a lot to change that and it seems to be working. if ya park your truck and go for a ride is there a pretty good chance it'll be there when ya get back? yes. anybody else that says otherwise is scared of wellsville or had 1 bad experience there. i've been going there about 4 years and have had some good times and bad times but never had a bad time because of shady people or theft. my camper got burnt last year but some anarchy kinda happened last year with oak tree and it was expected so whatever.

if you're looking for challenging terrain and a no bullshit experience then ya found the place. if you're looking for flat groomed trails with police on quads telling you that you're going the wrong way on a trail then i'd keep looking. is wellsville the shit? yes
    YJ (sold it and haven't looked back)
    cr250
    400ex

Post Thanks / Like

oh btw welcome to the forum
    YJ (sold it and haven't looked back)
    cr250
    400ex

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the welcomes. So what you are sayoing is put some good insurance on the campers and have some fun.

No really we are not looking for a well groomed place to ride or that have strict rules, thats why we are leaving from where we were camping. I like all the challeging shit,

Post Thanks / Like

Also talking about family , I personally would not bring my kids on a holiday weekend, to much adult stuff popping out everywhere from titty shots to people pissing in front of your kids, not on purpose but shit happens. If you keep your kids at your camp site then thats a different story.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah thats what rick told me that on holiday weekends that it gets crazy and that would be when its not so kid friendly, I mean my kids are 14 and 12 its my brothers that have the youger kids. But you know on weekends like that they would just stay more at the campsite.

I was wondering is there some riding that the younger kids can do at the camp sites? That would keep them happy

Post Thanks / Like

I had a campsite at Oaktree for 3yrs, no issues there. Camper never got touched and my truck always went in and got out without a scratch on it, even leaving it parked for three days and gone away from it all for hours on end.

Moved up to The Village this year, my camper has been looked thou, but not jacked or messed with (never leave anything in there of any major value). BUT, The Village is new, a re-birth of a former cracked out hell hole gone sour campground, SO getting the positive changes back into action takes time and GOOD MEMBERS. Getting the family atmosphere in there will actually go towards making our image better and get the idear out that thing are good now. Its a place to camp and bring the fam and have a good time.

So, because its new and it had a bad history before the changes happing now, moving in you may have some issues but in time, things will be all good.

Its up to you man. If you decide to make the decision, we all welcome you with a helping hand and eyes on the area/your stuff.

Oh Yeah, welcome to the site. Enjoy.
    91 YJ (2" lift - needs some lovin), 01 YFM366 (waaaayyy too much to list, its a money pit), SDG 125 Pitbike

THE ULTIMATE WELLSVILLE PLAYLIST
    THE ULTIMATE WELLSVILLE PLAYLIST: PART II
    THE ULTIMATE WELLSVILLE PLAYLIST: PART III

Post Thanks / Like

Hey man thanks for the welcome. iam really pushing for all of us to make the move to village. It sound like more fun more what me and the old lady are into as far as the riding and hanging out and watching other people climb the hills( till my buggy is done then its game on) Are hole family love to ride love to hang out at the campers drink beers have stupid wheely contest on are 83 kawaski 110 3 wheeler witch we have since it was new in 83, we like to meet good people. And most import i like what the village is all about especially the support of the vets and are troops period being my dad is a retired from the army and a vet as well . the plan right now is we are coming down to check the place out and go from there. I have already made my mind up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadlast View Post
    I had a campsite at Oaktree for 3yrs, no issues there. Camper never got touched and my truck always went in and got out without a scratch on it, even leaving it parked for three days and gone away from it all for hours on end.

Moved up to The Village this year, my camper has been looked thou, but not jacked or messed with (never leave anything in there of any major value). BUT, The Village is new, a re-birth of a former cracked out hell hole gone sour campground, SO getting the positive changes back into action takes time and GOOD MEMBERS. Getting the family atmosphere in there will actually go towards making our image better and get the idear out that thing are good now. Its a place to camp and bring the fam and have a good time.

So, because its new and it had a bad history before the changes happing now, moving in you may have some issues but in time, things will be all good.

Its up to you man. If you decide to make the decision, we all welcome you with a helping hand and eyes on the area/your stuff.

Oh Yeah, welcome to the site. Enjoy.

15. Likes OhioRenegade, Red&Black liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome aboard the Forum. If your looking for the best wheeling in the state then Wellsville is that place. It has trails from mild to wild and some places outright dangerous. IMHO I would suggest a trail guide to show you around the first few times to keep you out of trouble. One wrong turn could make for a bad day, been there done that. The Village is doing the best job they can to make things better and safe for Camping, however like any other non supervised riding area you are taking a risk . At this point they just can not be on site 24/7. You typically only hear about the theft and damage that is a minority of the Campers and not about the majority of people that are not having the issues with it. If your a serious Wheeler, its worth the risk and I say go for it. Have fun and be safe to ride another day.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Odyknuck by the way iam shovelhead over on WB.com

Post Thanks / Like

AH! Ok Cool. I am sure you will fit right in lol.

Thread Information