Post Thanks / Like

Default Wellsville/OHV Trip 3/10

I am coming to Wellsville this weekend along with 5-10 guys. I am a Wellsville veteran but it has been a couple of years since I was there. I know Oak Tree is done so we are planning to park at OHV. I have a few questions first:

What is the day rate for parking at OHV?
    Is the rate per vehicle or per person?
    Is someone there all day?
    I heard that some areas of Wellsville are now off limits but are these areas marked well?

Sorry for all of the questions but we don't want any surprises. Thanks in advance. Jeff

TheUndectableBlur Guest

Quote Originally Posted by scarface View Post
    I am coming to Wellsville this weekend along with 5-10 guys. I am a Wellsville veteran but it has been a couple of years since I was there. I know Oak Tree is done so we are planning to park at OHV. I have a few questions first:

What is the day rate for parking at OHV?
    Is the rate per vehicle or per person?
    Is someone there all day?
    I heard that some areas of Wellsville are now off limits but are these areas marked well?

Sorry for all of the questions but we don't want any surprises. Thanks in advance. Jeff
    1) Day Rate is $15 per day per person
    2) This particular weekend.....Yes.....administration will be there...you will be filling out a liability form with them.
    3) Stay away from:
    A) The lookout area by route 7 where they are doing work
    B) Oak tree parking lot.......its is being patroled for vandalism
    C) Stay off the roads
    D) The train tracks
    E) The Buggy wash past the train tracks.........lol....It violates C) and D)

**HAVE FUN AND BE SAFE......AS YOU KNOW....SOME OF THE TRAILS YOU USED TO RIDE WONT BE THE SAME. I MAY BE THERE THIS WEEKEND WITH VILLAGE OHV ADMIN.........FEEL FREE TO ASK THEM OR OTHER MEMBERS QUESTIONS IF YOU HAVE ANY MORE.....WE RATHER HAVE YOU UP TO SPEED ON WHAT IS GOING ON RATHER THAN ENDING UP SOMEWHERE YOU SHOULDN'T BE.

3. Thanks buggytrash1 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks a lot for the reply. One more question, I saw the threads about the road up to the camping area. As I recall, the road up to Forbidden Zone was very bad. I have an SUV but I am not sure what everyone else has. is it passable for most vehicles or are trucks or 4wd's recommended? Thanks again, Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

the road is a dirt road like it has always been.....Its been worked over quate a bit and should be passable no problem. With that said if you can't make it up there in a front wheel drive car you shouldn't be in the woods anyways, you will be fine.

TheUndectableBlur Guest

Quote Originally Posted by scarface View Post
    Thanks a lot for the reply. One more question, I saw the threads about the road up to the camping area. As I recall, the road up to Forbidden Zone was very bad. I have an SUV but I am not sure what everyone else has. is it passable for most vehicles or are trucks or 4wd's recommended? Thanks again, Jeff
    At thsi time of year......4wd is recommended for 100% success

Thread Information