Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: DRIVEWAY WORK

Post Thanks / Like

just read through a little bit of that,theres some really good info in there.

Post Thanks / Like

i think we can all agree OR is the man!!!!

3. Likes OhioRenegade liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yjcorey655 View Post
    good read. removing trees and stuff to "daylight the road" do you think that would be beneficial in this situation?
    Also that is something that would make it a lot easier for the equipment,, that is to cut the trees down before the equipment gets there. They would need sawed up into 12 to 15 foot lengths makes it alot easier to shove around rather than a 50ft long tree. Having these trees cut down and cut up some would allow more time to be focused on the earth moving part.
    Not only does cutting the trees back allow more light and wind to hit the road to dry it out faster after a storm it will also prevent the trees to block the road off after a high wind storm.
    If there are any large hardwood trees we could save them and sell them to timber company. When cutting timber for sale always cut the logs one foot longer than normal. So the shortest log would be cut 9 ft, then 11 ft,13 ft etc.

Post Thanks / Like

All good info as always. One thing that got me thinking in there was soil stabilization. It wouldn't be a bad Idea at all to stabilize the roadsides (obviously seeding the road would be pointless).

Even though the native soils in project area arent necessairly good for growing grass, some cheap, thick bladed grass seed thrown on all adjacent slopes to the roadway that will not be ridden on would make more of a difference than one might think.

Anybody know where to get a few hundred pounds of cheap seed?

6. Likes OhioRenegade liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Here is another nice goal to meet.
    (B 2) Road Width
    The minimum width of the roadbed is 14 feet for one-way traffic and 20 feet for two-way
    traffic. The minimum tread width is 10 feet for one-way traffic and 15 feet for two-way
    traffic. The minimum shoulder width is 2 feet on each side of tread width. Increase all
    widths by 4 feet if expected traffic include towed trailers of any kind.

Post Thanks / Like

Damn, good read. This road is going to have more thought and time put into it then any other one in the remote area. Good stuff.

Lets do te best we can to document this whole process. (pictures) it will help tell the story in the future, which in turn drives traffic here to the website and also drive people to the Village for info and support. Its a full circle thing. We have an exact date yet? The week before April 14th? Still working that info out?
    91 YJ (2" lift - needs some lovin), 01 YFM366 (waaaayyy too much to list, its a money pit), SDG 125 Pitbike

THE ULTIMATE WELLSVILLE PLAYLIST
    THE ULTIMATE WELLSVILLE PLAYLIST: PART II
    THE ULTIMATE WELLSVILLE PLAYLIST: PART III

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlast View Post
    Damn, good read. This road is going to have more thought and time put into it then any other one in the remote area. Good stuff.

Lets do te best we can to document this whole process. (pictures) it will help tell the story in the future, which in turn drives traffic here to the website and also drive people to the Village for info and support. Its a full circle thing. We have an exact date yet? The week before April 14th? Still working that info out?
    Yeah as far as I know we are sticking to that date unless we have 5 inches of rain during that time.

Post Thanks / Like

But really we need to start now, Every weekend from here on out we should be down there cutting the trees down and into sections. I need to come up with a size Im thinking 60 feet wide at bare minum should be cut so from the center of the road out 30 feet both directions the trees need dropped.
    My sizes might be off some but that is a good example.

Post Thanks / Like

Damn ,that's gonna be a lot of trees dude! We need to get that approved by Villagohv.Parts of the driveway are not our property ,we only have "right of way " rights.I'm all for opening it up some though. Some areas of the Driveway never really get any sun.
    DON'T BE STUPID

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||
    |...BEER TRUCK..........| ||'|";, ___.
    |_..._..._______===|=||_|__|..., ] -
    "(@)'(@)"""''"**|(@)(@)*****''(@)
    1991 samurai 8valve tracker ,4:1 transfer case
    buggy -all stock hahaha

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OhioRenegade View Post
    But really we need to start now, Every weekend from here on out we should be down there cutting the trees down and into sections. I need to come up with a size Im thinking 60 feet wide at bare minum should be cut so from the center of the road out 30 feet both directions the trees need dropped.
    My sizes might be off some but that is a good example.
    Two lane road? Would be nice, That strip from scoob to the first right turn is the narrowest right now.

Also, I just posed up a notice on FB letting people know to try and keep off the road the week of work.
    91 YJ (2" lift - needs some lovin), 01 YFM366 (waaaayyy too much to list, its a money pit), SDG 125 Pitbike

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by buggytrash1 View Post
    Damn ,that's gonna be a lot of trees dude! We need to get that approved by Villagohv.Parts of the driveway are not our property ,we only have "right of way " rights.I'm all for opening it up some though. Some areas of the Driveway never really get any sun.
    Yeah I forgot to mention the permission part. Everything we do needs approved.

Post Thanks / Like

I know we are allowed to maintain our right of way ,but I'm not sure how far from the road we can go.
    DON'T BE STUPID

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||
    |...BEER TRUCK..........| ||'|";, ___.
    |_..._..._______===|=||_|__|..., ] -
    "(@)'(@)"""''"**|(@)(@)*****''(@)
    1991 samurai 8valve tracker ,4:1 transfer case
    buggy -all stock hahaha

Post Thanks / Like

Call the county.

Post Thanks / Like

By the looks of the weather radar, there was a lot of rain there today. May be in for some surprises on the driveway.
    2013 Can Am Renegade 1000R X xc
    2016 Polaris RZR XP Turbo

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ridindirty View Post
    By the looks of the weather radar, there was a lot of rain there today. May be in for some surprises on the driveway.
    Heading down tomorrow around 2. If I get a chance, I'll post up its condition from my phone. I'm not too worried about it. Couldn't be any worse than it was last year around this time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by buggytrash1 View Post
    IF YA WANT,YOU GUYS MARK THEM AND I'LL CUT THEM AND TAKE MOST OF IT OUT OF THERE

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Alpha View Post
    IF YA WANT,YOU GUYS MARK THEM AND I'LL CUT THEM AND TAKE MOST OF IT OUT OF THERE
    Sounds good! Once we get the ok , and some dimensions on what we are allowed to clear I will go down ASAP even during the week to get them marked.
    Every job that we take on lakes, building sites, drive ways we always go in and clear the trees first. It just helps out in so many ways.

Post Thanks / Like

i was going to mention something like that earlier today but i cant post from my droid for some reason.
    YJ (sold it and haven't looked back)
    cr250
    400ex

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Alpha View Post
    How do you load it? Do you cut it into firewood first, or do you have equipment to load bigger logs with?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ridindirty View Post
    How do you load it? Do you cut it into firewood first, or do you have equipment to load bigger logs with?
    I have access to a skidloader, but do it both ways just depends on the wood.
    All the wood in pic was loaded with bobcat but un loaded and stack by me.
    Work harder not smarter..... or something like that lol
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo.JPG 
Views:	88 
Size:	671.8 KB 
ID:	2564  

Post Thanks / Like

Damn buddy, that's quite the task by hand.

Post Thanks / Like

Damn that is a lot of firewood
    Check out my youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/jeremymach2015

Post Thanks / Like

i can always use firewood man so i will help for a little wood got a big chain saw too i just let my insurance run out on my dump truck too damn!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Nice,, well all we need is the go ahead.

Post Thanks / Like

I got a log splitter I want to bring down some weekend. I'll run it for as long as we have gas. I'd love to stack up a nice sized fire wood pile for myself.

Or, wait.......Would wood chips help a road at all????

Post Thanks / Like

I got a log splitter I want to bring down some weekend. I'll run it for as long as we have gas. I'd love to stack up a nice sized fire wood pile for myself.

Or, wait.......Would wood chips help a road at all????
    Would chips might help dry some spots up in the short term, but in the long run - wood is not recommended as fill material or surfacing. It rots and turns right back into dirt.

Post Thanks / Like

I will go to the township and see if we can get a donation from the owners over the weekend

all this stone talk still makes me thing about the old brick factory down the road. I have been in there a bunch and have seen it all, there is a TON(s) of stone in there just sitting. We least need to see who owns the place and ask if we can have it, or if they dont care is it disappears.

Its close to where we need it to be and can be moved around easily.

Here is just SOME of whats in there:

Post Thanks / Like

What are you guys thinking we could use the bricks for?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OhioRenegade View Post
    What are you guys thinking we could use the bricks for?
    Pavers in some areas, drainage basens, or throw them down ad run em over with the doser: crush them up and embed them into the dirt (??)

Post Thanks / Like

Pavers in some areas, drainage basens, or throw them down ad run em over with the doser: crush them up and embed them into the dirt (??)
    The dozer wont crush them, drain basens would be nice but that is easier said than done, unless you are thinking to just stack them up with out mortar and then it wouldnt last long.
    The pavers Im unsure what would happen over time if the base wasnt done properly. Might work and then it might not.
    Just seems like a work to me, how would you load them, I have carried my fair share of bricks in my life and its some serious work.

I was thinking maybe stack a few here and there were its steep to slow the water down but damn that would take a lot of bricks lol

Thread Information