Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: DRIVEWAY WORK

Post Thanks / Like

Default DRIVEWAY WORK

The village ohv club will be renting a large dozer & a bigger excavator for driveway work .the primary goal is water control .the secondary goal is the surfacing of said driveway .O.R. -you wanna come & play again? The date will be april 14.
    DON'T BE STUPID

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||
    |...BEER TRUCK..........| ||'|";, ___.
    |_..._..._______===|=||_|__|..., ] -
    "(@)'(@)"""''"**|(@)(@)*****''(@)
    1991 samurai 8valve tracker ,4:1 transfer case
    buggy -all stock hahaha

2. Likes BUGGYMAN, Red&Black, Deadlast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

SIDE NOTE TO EVERYONE WHEELING ON APRIL 14

Please avoid the route from scooby up to the village & vise versa. Let the operators & equipment do they're work.
    Less traffic means better roadway.

4. Thanks buggytrash1 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by buggytrash1 View Post
    The village ohv club will be renting a large dozer & a bigger excavator for driveway work .the primary goal is water control .the secondary goal is the surfacing of said driveway .O.R. -you wanna come & play again? The date will be april 14.
    Now you're talking. Get the big equipment in there and get it all set up right, then the small equipment can keep it maintained, because you know it's gonna be a never ended process.
    2013 Can Am Renegade 1000R X xc
    2016 Polaris RZR XP Turbo

Post Thanks / Like

I'll bring my shovel and wheelbarrel.

7. Likes Byro liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ridindirty View Post
    Now you're talking. Get the big equipment in there and get it all set up right, then the small equipment can keep it maintained, because you know it's gonna be a never ended process.
    The small equipment did ok ,but we think it will be better to have bigger stuff.
    DON'T BE STUPID

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||
    buggy -all stock hahaha

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Red&Black View Post
    SIDE NOTE TO EVERYONE WHEELING ON APRIL 14

Please avoid the route from scooby up to the village & vise versa. Let the operators & equipment do they're work.
    Less traffic means better roadway.
    Good idear, you not gunna keep everyone off that road, but if we could have a helper up top take shifts to re-route people to the top of scoob trail (scoobys tail?), or the track around shaggy trail, I'd help keep us workers moving.

Anyone look into finding out who owns the old brick factory? Can we try and see if we can have a large abandoned brick donation? I'll volunteer my truck and big ass trailer to pick them up with some helpers if I know parking in there of a bit to load up isn't going to be an issue.
    91 YJ (2" lift - needs some lovin), 01 YFM366 (waaaayyy too much to list, its a money pit), SDG 125 Pitbike

THE ULTIMATE WELLSVILLE PLAYLIST
    THE ULTIMATE WELLSVILLE PLAYLIST: PART II
    THE ULTIMATE WELLSVILLE PLAYLIST: PART III

TheUndectableBlur Guest

we ahd a land slide half way up to camp as well.......a 5 ft area fell onto the road.....camp is still accessible....but it may get worse

Post Thanks / Like

That's one of our worst spots.
    DON'T BE STUPID

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||
    buggy -all stock hahaha

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlast View Post
    Good idear, you not gunna keep everyone off that road, but if we could have a helper up top take shifts to re-route people to the top of scoob trail (scoobys tail?), or the track around shaggy trail, I'd help keep us workers moving.
    It would be damn near impossible to re route everyone but I would say the best bet would be to danger tape it off and make half ass signs pointing people in that/those directions, and leave a sentury at each end to allow villagers driving up to camp & down through.

HAHA or we could just put up some ROAD CLOSED signs. DETOUR: 2.2 hills

Post Thanks / Like

It would be damn near impossible to re route everyone
    I know your not goin to get them all, but there are other options to "get to the bottom of scoob" that are much funner then the main road and that people have no idea about.
    91 YJ (2" lift - needs some lovin), 01 YFM366 (waaaayyy too much to list, its a money pit), SDG 125 Pitbike

THE ULTIMATE WELLSVILLE PLAYLIST
    THE ULTIMATE WELLSVILLE PLAYLIST: PART II
    THE ULTIMATE WELLSVILLE PLAYLIST: PART III

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlast View Post
    I know your not goin to get them all, but there are other options to "get to the bottom of scoob" that are much funner then the main road and that people have no idea about.
    The only time I take the main road is when I'm in a hurry. I come there to ride the trails.

15. Likes Red&Black liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes sir! O.R. reporting for duty.

17. Thanks buggytrash1 thanked for this post
    Likes Jeep daVille, Red&Black liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ridindirty View Post
    Too bad there wasn't someone close enough to store a small tractor like an old Ford 8N with a back blade. I like 11 miles away and have room to store it, but it would be nice for it to be closer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Rider View Post
    Nope, Joe is a bad mofo. He carves the thanksgiving tukey with that same chainsaw.
    Quote Originally Posted by yjcorey655 View Post
    i'm starting to think joe is one gnarly mugga fugga

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RachealMarie250 View Post
    we ahd a land slide half way up to camp as well.......a 5 ft area fell onto the road.....camp is still accessible....but it may get worse
    i seen that too not really wide enough for a trailer unless u seen it comin and mat it like i did...white knuckle ride. BT1 you seen it? continual use in next weeks may wash thet edge out we need that edge lol

Post Thanks / Like

I dont really think riders is going to be a major issue.

Post Thanks / Like

i've only hung out with ya a couple times huntin but when are you not WOT? hhahaha
    YJ (sold it and haven't looked back)
    cr250
    400ex

22. Likes OhioRenegade liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I was at the village over the weekend and looking at the road and such. Many has already stated that we need a ditch on the high side of the road to trap all the run off into the ditch before it has a chance to destroy the road but there is a small problem. If we go and cut a deep ditch along the road in spots , those spots will no longer be accessible. What I mean is you wont be able to make a hill off the drive way unless you want to cross a 3 foot ditch.
    The road needs a crown in the center with a ditch on both sides for water to run off into and then cross under the road in a large culvert pipe in key areas.
    Theres no way we could pipe every hill like a drive way entrance. It would cost to much in pipe plus each pipe we put in, there is a chance for it to get plugged.
    So how are we going to do this with out pissing off all the riders? Its only the drive way and there is hundreds of acres with better hills but this was a thought that come to mind and I wanted folks to beware of this.

24. Likes Red&Black liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just like 16 School Rd and Rt. 306. I'm in favor of it.. Maybe we should hold a vote though?

Either way people will be pissed. Shitty road to camp, or loosing some hill climbs along the road. Can't keep everyone happy all the time.

I say the road is more important. There are plenty of other kick ass hill climbs everywhere else.

Post Thanks / Like

Agreed, the driveway should be number 1 priority.

Post Thanks / Like

Keeping the pipes and ditches cleaned out will be easy, compared to the task of getting it all set up the right way.

Post Thanks / Like

Pipes clogging/collapsing is definitly an issue.

As I'm sure you know, Bigger is Better. I have a 24" plastic pipe across my driveway and it could still be clogged under the right circumstances causing major devistation to the roadway.

IMO 12-in pipes across is pretty much worthless..... I know its all a big $$$$ ordeal, but it's crutial to make all $$ spent worthwhile, you know?

Post Thanks / Like

I know we can't make everybody happy ,as we have said the driveway is priority .If we lose a few hill ,then so be it.If you can't make it across a ditch,you shouldn't be in wellsville .I'm sure people will bitch,but it's a lesser of two evils.
    DON'T BE STUPID

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||
    buggy -all stock hahaha

30. Likes Red&Black liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I know we can't make everybody happy ,as we have said the driveway is priority .If we lose a few hill ,then so be it.If you can't make it across a ditch,you shouldn't be in wellsville .I'm sure people will bitch,but it's a lesser of two evils.

I agree 100% with what you guys are saying.

Post Thanks / Like

Not to mention, the day that you have to dig massive ditches across the road and have intense construction activites - LOTS OF PEOPLE WILL BE PISSED.

But thats just how roadwork goes. Its just like when you have to drive 50 in a 65 due to paving, or when the avalance happened on rt. 7 last spring. People get pissed. They'll get over it when its a nice smooth dry ride in.

Post Thanks / Like

Not to mention, the day that you have to dig massive ditches across the road and have intense construction activites - LOTS OF PEOPLE WILL BE PISSED.

But thats just how roadwork goes. Its just like when you have to drive 50 in a 65 due to paving, or when the avalance happened on rt. 7 last spring. People get pissed. They'll get over it when its a nice smooth dry ride in.
    When it gets closer, The VillageOHV can send an email to all members outlining their road closing schedule. You can also post a sign at the entrance a few weeks in advance, but it probably wont last too long.

Post Thanks / Like

It would probably be easiest to just CLOSE the campground for the day. Have who you need there to work and thats it. Time on that machine is money. People show up & leave all day all night - and I'm not talking about riders, I'm talking about people driving up to camp.

OR would agree - If he could run all day without stopping besides for a few coffee brakes - He'd get a significantly larger amont of work completed. Having to stop, fill in the hole, move out of the way, get back in position, dig it back out even just once for people driving by wastes ALOT of time.

Post Thanks / Like

It's going to take more than one day, that why I suggested a schedule. For instance; if they plan on working from 7am - 9pm, close the road completely for those hours on those days, no exceptions. Equipment operators have enough going on than to be watching out for riders and moving so people can get by.

36. Likes Red&Black liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep. I agree.

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe even open it from 12pm - 1pm during a lunch break so people can get through. Just a thought.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree that closing the rd to all but the guys fixing it is a good idea giving up riding time for a smooth rd that i might be able to get my honda up is a good thing lol

Thread Information