Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Ideas for safely dealing with trespassers

Hello folks, went to camp and ride this weekend only to find my camper ransacked for copper water lines, pretty much gutted it. Also a few items missing but unfortunately I've come to expect this in the Ville no matter where you are. Went out for a ride and came back to find somone had climbed up into the bed of my truck and relinquished me of my beer and some of my food out of my cooler. There were 3 other vehicles in the area, a Tracker, a Sidekick, and I believe a Renegade. Looked at tracks by camp and found an extra set of swamper marks, narrow, mine are wide, believe the sidekick was running swampers. They were at scoob at one point with a fire going, then rolled through camp again after dark, I was by myself so I wasn't going to confront 6 (minimum) people. Is it feasable to begin using the gate at the entrance? I already get out of my truck to lock my hubs, I could deal with fiddling with the gate as well while i was out if it helps. Maybe a combination lock? Just a thought. Thanks in advance for any input or attention.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the site. Sucks about your camper, your the second person on here saying this. I really really wonder how my camper is doing now!

I think I'm gunna go out and but a deer camera and put it up somewhere near my site to see what I can catch.
    91 YJ (2" lift - needs some lovin), 01 YFM366 (waaaayyy too much to list, its a money pit), SDG 125 Pitbike

THE ULTIMATE WELLSVILLE PLAYLIST
    THE ULTIMATE WELLSVILLE PLAYLIST: PART II
    THE ULTIMATE WELLSVILLE PLAYLIST: PART III

Post Thanks / Like

They hit both campers on our lot actually

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome.

I was on the Renegade riding with the purple Tracker. We rode through the Village around 10:30 Saturday morning before you got there and found some things messed with. We never went back through there the rest of the day, so we didn't know you were up there until you drove past us at Scooby on your way out. Actually, you are the only people we saw on Saturday, we were up by look out and the Tracker was stuck in the woods and you guys went through about 50 yards from us. I don't know who was in the Sidekick or Tracker that followed you down from camp or where they came from so I don't know how long they were around, but they knew the guy I was with, and they didn't stay with us.

I can check into that, but other than that, we didn't see anyone else all day.
    2013 Can Am Renegade 1000R X xc
    2016 Polaris RZR XP Turbo

Post Thanks / Like

I'm assuming that was you and I think 2 other guys on quads, right?

Post Thanks / Like

This sucks!.unfortunately we can't lock the gate .I highly recommend a trail camera .I have been thinkin about one myself.I'm surprised more people don't have them. I was thinking about booby trapping my camper ,but legal counsel highly recommended against it.something about aggrevated murder.I'm sorry about your campers ,when was the last time you were there?
    DON'T BE STUPID

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||
    |...BEER TRUCK..........| ||'|";, ___.
    |_..._..._______===|=||_|__|..., ] -
    "(@)'(@)"""''"**|(@)(@)*****''(@)
    1991 samurai 8valve tracker ,4:1 transfer case
    buggy -all stock hahaha

TheUndectableBlur Guest

Dirty...did you happen to see our camper?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RachealMarie250 View Post
    Dirty...did you happen to see our camper?
    I rode past it. It didn't look messed with.

TheUndectableBlur Guest

thanks.....im going down this weekend as long as there are no terencial downpoors to clean and do camp maintenance....i'll check on everyone's stuff while im there

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RachealMarie250 View Post
    thanks.....im going down this weekend as long as there are no terencial downpoors to clean and do camp maintenance....i'll check on everyone's stuff while im there
    Please do man, now that you know where I'm at. Thanks.
    91 YJ (2" lift - needs some lovin), 01 YFM366 (waaaayyy too much to list, its a money pit), SDG 125 Pitbike

THE ULTIMATE WELLSVILLE PLAYLIST
    THE ULTIMATE WELLSVILLE PLAYLIST: PART II
    THE ULTIMATE WELLSVILLE PLAYLIST: PART III

Post Thanks / Like

I asked the driver of the Tracker and he said the other vehicle wasn't a Sidekick, it was also a Tracker and it's not likely that he would be messing with people's stuff. So, if you're sure you did see a Sidekick, we never saw him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by buggytrash1 View Post
    This sucks!.unfortunately we can't lock the gate .I highly recommend a trail camera .I have been thinkin about one myself.I'm surprised more people don't have them. I was thinking about booby trapping my camper ,but legal counsel highly recommended against it.something about aggrevated murder.I'm sorry about your campers ,when was the last time you were there?

yeah we thought about that too "tear gas grenade" but then thought that would just piss someone off enough to burn the rest

Post Thanks / Like

i cruised through the village a couple times yesterday. i didn't see shit. i'm kinda a tunnel vision kinda person sometimes.
    YJ (sold it and haven't looked back)
    cr250
    400ex

Post Thanks / Like

That was us by lookout, while we were there someone was in my cooler taking beer and food. I didn't pass you at scoop, it was the other two leaving. Someone with matching description vehicles rolled through camp a little before 10:00. Two tracker/sidekick type one purple not sure on other and a quad.got the one color because the quad lights were on it the other was in tail n couldn't see color. I was somewhat blind and numb from all the shit of the day.

Post Thanks / Like

And last time I was down was 2 weeks ago, ran down after work to check it out. Was snow on the ground and I put the first set of tracks in the snow around the campers.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ace75 View Post
    And last time I was down was 2 weeks ago, ran down after work to check it out. Was snow on the ground and I put the first set of tracks in the snow around the campers.
    I WAS DOWN 2 WEEKS AGO BUT NEVER MADE IT UP TO CAMP, JEEPS I WAS WITH COULNT GET UP TWISTER TRAIL. THAT THE GOOD THING ABOUT THIS FORUM, I'VE MEET ALOT OF PEOPLE THAT CAMP AT VILLAGE. THEY LOOKOUT FOR MY STUFF AND I LOOKOUT FOR THERE'S. KINDA LIKE A NEIGHBORHOOD WATCH. I'M DOWN ABOUT EVER 2 WEEKS, WE WILL HAVE TO MEET

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Alpha View Post
    I WAS DOWN 2 WEEKS AGO BUT NEVER MADE IT UP TO CAMP, JEEPS I WAS WITH COULNT GET UP TWISTER TRAIL. THAT THE GOOD THING ABOUT THIS FORUM, I'VE MEET ALOT OF PEOPLE THAT CAMP AT VILLAGE. THEY LOOKOUT FOR MY STUFF AND I LOOKOUT FOR THERE'S. KINDA LIKE A NEIGHBORHOOD WATCH. I'M DOWN ABOUT EVER 2 WEEKS, WE WILL HAVE TO MEET

Did you park at the free zone?

Hell yea its neighbor hood watch!

People better realize quick not to mess 'round in this hood.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Red&Black View Post
    Did you park at the free zone?

Hell yea its neighbor hood watch!

People better realize quick not to mess 'round in this hood.
    YEA 1ST TIME EVER,MEET SOMEONE THERE

Post Thanks / Like

I'am thinking the best way to protect members stuff is to have a member live on site full time to patrol and make it a known presence. Otherwise you will always have these kinds of issues to deal with. Its a poor area and people need to eat so copper and aluminum is easy pickens in unatended campers.

20. Thanks OhioRenegade thanked for this post
    Likes OhioRenegade liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ace75 View Post
    That was us by lookout, while we were there someone was in my cooler taking beer and food. I didn't pass you at scoop, it was the other two leaving. Someone with matching description vehicles rolled through camp a little before 10:00. Two tracker/sidekick type one purple not sure on other and a quad.got the one color because the quad lights were on it the other was in tail n couldn't see color. I was somewhat blind and numb from all the shit of the day.
    Yeah, that was us when we left Scooby. But, like I said we went through there once in the morning and then not again all day so I couldn't tell you who else was up there. We didn't see that other Tracker until he came to Scooby behind your buddies somewhere around 9:00, so I don't know how long he was out riding.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a trail camera at my camper to catch thieves .unfortunately all I keep getting is goddamned bigfoot pics.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	imagesCAMFYJFM.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	10.4 KB 
ID:	2461Click image for larger version. 

Name:	imagesCA32LXVJ.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	9.3 KB 
ID:	2460 He would only take your beer if it was PBR.
    DON'T BE STUPID

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||
    buggy -all stock hahaha

Post Thanks / Like

I was just listening to a talk radio show (while wrenching in the garage) the other day about big foot. Apparently, whoever is the first person to find LEGITIMATE evidence of one (like a carcass or something) will be a millionaire.

Hasn't he been sleeping in skunt bunker?

TheUndectableBlur Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Odyknuck View Post
    I'am thinking the best way to protect members stuff is to have a member live on site full time to patrol and make it a known presence. Otherwise you will always have these kinds of issues to deal with. Its a poor area and people need to eat so copper and aluminum is easy pickens in unatended campers.
    i graduate in august.......... im trying to line up a job with first energy on the river as one of my options cause we work with them thru my current job.......if i do.......i will nag the living shit out of the village to sell me a chunk of land....on the outskirts ......or buy a house close enough that i can just make my own single track right in.........if i do.......i want to be that guy!!!!!!! i will call the cops on anyone.........i mean anyone....who ruins what we got going up there.......patroling the ville would be the best side job ever!!!.....unfortunately....my typing skillz dont reflect any of my knowledge......good thing my mommy made my resume

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Odyknuck View Post
    This person is harder to find ,than you would think.Most people can't deal with the isolation,low pay,lack of electric ,and excessive bigfoot activity.
    DON'T BE STUPID

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||
    buggy -all stock hahaha

Post Thanks / Like

I have a few ways to catch these guys, but its expensive.

TheUndectableBlur Guest

This person is harder to find ,than you would think.Most people can't deal with the isolation,low pay,lack of electric ,and excessive bigfoot activity.
    hah.......if i get a job with a 30 min drive ....im that guy.

TheUndectableBlur Guest

idk....low pay is the only bad thing on this list....if my job is within 30 min ....likei said...i would patrol ALOT!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OhioRenegade View Post
    I have a few ways to catch these guys, but its expensive.
    It would be worth it if we could garantee a conviction.Maybe could you send a proposal to rick privately??
    DON'T BE STUPID

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||
    buggy -all stock hahaha

Post Thanks / Like

It would be worth it if we could garantee a conviction.Maybe could you send a proposal to rick privately??
    Thats a big 10-4 I got to talk to the man Sunday and talked with him briefly about it. Im still ironing out the details.

Post Thanks / Like

i know that we all cant go ride every weekend but when we do ride volenteering to take a shift of patroling would not be a unreasonable request to keep everyones stuff safe i know i would give up a few hours of ride time to do this just because i want to be able to ride and when i come back know that my camper and other stuff on my lot was being watched over by a memeber of the vill and give some else that same peace of mind when they ride or are not there that weekend i am sure as a club we can come up with a solution that will deter those that would steal and trash our stuff to think twice before retruning and the idea of trail cams are a good idea they are easy to hide and then we will have proof of those entering and destorying stuff i know that i am getting one for my lot the cost of one will be cheaper then reparing my camper everytime i go ride

Thread Information