Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Village Cleanup 2012?

Hey guys, anyone got any plans in the works, for cleanup, improvements, etc... figured something would be going on, and i guess its still a little early yet, but i figured it would be a good idea before the hillclimb. Any good ideas for camp improvements? I've gotta work on bugging our print shop connection, but i wanted to build a bulletin board thingy in front of our camp with a laminated trail map on it, with the classic -You are HERE-! pinpointed, we get that question alot, where are we?!, guess we wont get the how do we get to oaktree question much anymore..... i

Post Thanks / Like

maybe a recreation area with a female only mudwrestling pit?!? just thinking out loud...

Post Thanks / Like

well last year we started in february,but we had waaaay more to cleanup .I got pneumonia.LOL. This year we are gonna wait til the end of march or the beginning of april.
    DON'T BE STUPID

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||
    |...BEER TRUCK..........| ||'|";, ___.
    |_..._..._______===|=||_|__|..., ] -
    "(@)'(@)"""''"**|(@)(@)*****''(@)
    1991 samurai 8valve tracker ,4:1 transfer case
    buggy -all stock hahaha

Post Thanks / Like

when will the paving of the road and electrical camper hookups be available?

Post Thanks / Like

The road was paved last week and the electricians should be done hooking up all the electric today.

Post Thanks / Like

To be completely honest, I love luxury camping, yet I have never found a need or a use for electric. I even have a badass generator that I could bring - but have never found a use....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Red&Black View Post
    The road was paved last week and the electricians should be done hooking up all the electric today.
    Did The Village Pub, gas station and shower house get finished too?
    2013 Can Am Renegade 1000R X xc
    2016 Polaris RZR XP Turbo

8. Likes Deadlast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yea. The wafflehouse is done. They're hiring. Rumor has it that a Hooters & a strip club will also be going in on Skunk Trail Ave. pretty soon too!

Post Thanks / Like

I hear that there even going to have people you can hire that will ride your quads and drive your rigs for you so that you don't have to get all dirty and into any dangerous situations.

91 YJ (2" lift - needs some lovin), 01 YFM366 (waaaayyy too much to list, its a money pit), SDG 125 Pitbike

THE ULTIMATE WELLSVILLE PLAYLIST
    THE ULTIMATE WELLSVILLE PLAYLIST: PART II
    THE ULTIMATE WELLSVILLE PLAYLIST: PART III

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlast View Post
    I hear that there even going to have people you can hire that will ride your quads and drive your rigs for you so that you don't have to get all dirty and into any dangerous situations.

Thats what I'm talkin about.. They gotta fix it when it breaks though..
    I can only imagine the girls in that hooters.. Either extremely hot or extremely horrific..

Post Thanks / Like

Speaking of which, anyone ever been in that strip joint next to Tondas place? It's an old bank, VIP in the old vault lol?!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by luvmyveedub View Post
    Speaking of which, anyone ever been in that strip joint next to Tondas place? It's an old bank, VIP in the old vault lol?!
    Strip Joint by Tondas?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Rider View Post
    Nope, Joe is a bad mofo. He carves the thanksgiving tukey with that same chainsaw.
    Quote Originally Posted by yjcorey655 View Post
    i'm starting to think joe is one gnarly mugga fugga

Post Thanks / Like

Yessir, me n psycho eyeballed it a few times last spring after breakfast, it's a big old bank, beer signs posted in the windows, had a big sign out front, with a catchy one word name, that I don't remember haha, idk, figured somebody had to know something about..

Post Thanks / Like

Yessir, me n psycho eyeballed it a few times last spring after breakfast, it's a big old bank, beer signs posted in the windows, had a big sign out front, with a catchy one word name, that I don't remember haha, idk, figured somebody had to know something about..
    Is there any reason to leave the town of Wellsville?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Rider View Post
    Nope, Joe is a bad mofo. He carves the thanksgiving tukey with that same chainsaw.
    i'm starting to think joe is one gnarly mugga fugga

Post Thanks / Like

sounds high class. i'm in. i say instead of organizing a wellsvilletrails.com group ride we organize a wellsvilletrails.com group "go to the titty bar in wellsville and get sloshed"
    YJ (sold it and haven't looked back)
    cr250
    400ex

Post Thanks / Like

sounds high class. i'm in. i say instead of organizing a wellsvilletrails.com group ride we organize a wellsvilletrails.com group "go to the titty bar in wellsville and get sloshed"
    I'M IN TOO

Post Thanks / Like

Same place that had this sign up out back last labor day weekend? Real classy joint. Got some smart girls in there.

91 YJ (2" lift - needs some lovin), 01 YFM366 (waaaayyy too much to list, its a money pit), SDG 125 Pitbike

THE ULTIMATE WELLSVILLE PLAYLIST
    THE ULTIMATE WELLSVILLE PLAYLIST: PART II
    THE ULTIMATE WELLSVILLE PLAYLIST: PART III

Post Thanks / Like

Can't be too smart dancing in a bar in Wellsville.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Suzy Q View Post
    when will the paving of the road and electrical camper hookups be available?
    Lets be realistic here.The road is 1.1 miles .the nearest electric is 3 miles away.to pave the road would cost over 500,000. It costs 1000 per pole to run electric,every 60 yards for 3 miles .The road will never be paved .we are workin on the electric .do you have a suggestion ,where we could get this money?How much money do you think the Village raised last year?We would love to do these things but unfortunately ,we don't have any money trees planted on the hill.
    DON'T BE STUPID

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||
    buggy -all stock hahaha

Post Thanks / Like

Besides - who needs electric when you have beer?

22. Likes Cassandra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Besides - who needs electric when you have beer?
    I need electric AND beer.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by buggytrash1 View Post
    Lets be realistic here.The road is 1.1 miles .the nearest electric is 3 miles away.to pave the road would cost over 500,000. It costs 1000 per pole to run electric,every 60 yards for 3 miles .The road will never be paved .we are workin on the electric .do you have a suggestion ,where we could get this money?How much money do you think the Village raised last year?We would love to do these things but unfortunately ,we don't have any money trees planted on the hill.
    ok, maybe paving the road was taking it too far. how about PROPERLY grading the road? drive around town and take a look at the roads that cut through the mountains. they are fitted with ditches, culverts, gravel, and graded in such a way to divert water and erosion. none of this was EVER done on that road from the forbidden zone days up to this date. blindly driving a dozer up and down a road might make it flat for a couple weeks, but mother nature will change that in no time. you need to focus on what you are going to do with the water before you can build a road. if people cant get to your club or camp or whatever u are calling it, then how do you expect to raise money? as of last week, any 2wd car, truck, or whatever would be hard pressed to get to the top of that hill. put a trailer behind that vehicle and you might as well call a tow truck.
    i never plan on joining your club so i could care less what you do with that road. im just making a suggestion from an outsiders point of view. with oaktree now gone, OHV has the opportunity to capitalize. extreme attention to that road is needed to make that happen. if the current maintanence plan stays in place, be happy with what you have now, because thats all it will ever be.
    i understand all this takes money, but you cant open a successful business with the money you have in your pocket. it takes money to make money.

Post Thanks / Like

Did we somehow piss you off? Why poke the bear if you don't care?I personnally apologize for whatever we did to you ,to make you so bitter.We are trying .please be patient.Thank you for voicing your concerns.
    DON'T BE STUPID

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||
    buggy -all stock hahaha

26. Likes Deadlast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have been going up on the hill for 10 years and just meet the Village guys 10 months ago. The road has improved, it's wider which is nice not meeting a truck half way up a blind hill and having to back down. Having talked to most of the Village Supporters, I am confident the road will be nice in due time.

TheUndectableBlur Guest

We did what we could with the money and people we had at the time....... and much improvment has been made in the one year since the village took over.......and much more improvement will continue to happen..we are NOT a business.....we are a NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATION with the NUMBER 1 GOAL of SECURING LAND FOR OHV USE (Go to the village web site to see our mission and goals)..........OUR NUMBER 1 GOAL IS NOT to make the road accessable for the average joe ( although we would like to make it better and make many of the improvments that were mentioned above in SUZY Q concerning post)........if a fun / rough ride to your camp site is not your style.......you may not be cut out to be a village member.......the VILLAGE BOARD is looking for members that are veteran / hardcore riders / wheelers.......i hope i stated this in the same accordance to what the village web site provides you with........we hope that someday you will be happy with what we have done for the OHV / offroading community.......RM

29. Thanks buggytrash1 thanked for this post
    Likes jshome liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

From what I hear, it's not a strip club, just a bar, but there is girls dancing in there and on the bar with their clothes on....... unless the tequila makes their clothes fall off.

Post Thanks / Like

Yea. The wafflehouse is done. They're hiring. Rumor has it that a Hooters & a strip club will also be going in on Skunk Trail Ave. pretty soon too!
    strip club? all jokes aside........the lights are usally dim in a strip club anyways (easily run by a generator) we'll need a big cooler for beverages (second generator) anybody know how to DJ? wait i can just park my jeep close by. do you think two 6x9s will be enough? we can just do this all in psychos garage!!!

anybody know any girls? i know a couple. all proceeds will be donated to charity and beer.
    YJ (sold it and haven't looked back)
    cr250
    400ex

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by buggytrash1 View Post
    Did we somehow piss you off? Why poke the bear if you don't care?I personnally apologize for whatever we did to you ,to make you so bitter.We are trying .please be patient.Thank you for voicing your concerns.
    im not pissed in any way shape or form. like i said, none of it matters to me. just giving constructive critisism. i just dont see anything different going on than what warren had already done. same shit, different time, different guy. you have the potential to make money there. take that to yer advantage, or just continue on and be "non profit". there are many people out there with nice tow rigs and trailers willing to pay for a safe place to keep their stuff without going through an offroad adventure to get to it.

TheUndectableBlur Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Suzy Q View Post
    i just dont see anything different going on than what warren had already done. same shit, different time, different guy.
    Then you obviously havnt rode through the village in a while.....at this time ....please keep your constructive critisism to yourself..... cause your not making much sense in the eye's of 99% of the people who wheel at our club....and your offending a lot of people who have put a lot of hard work into turning the club into something great .......thanks for giving your input.....but we can stop here and go our seperate ways cause i know im speaking for many more people than just myself.....thank you for riding a suzuki and have a nice day....i hope you just take my constructive critisism as well....we hear ya....we'll try to make the road better in due time

TheUndectableBlur Guest

anyways.....back to the grind.......sooo ....cleanup........beginning of march sounds good for a little clean up......we are gonna put an awning up at our site......get more rocks from half hour.......improve our shower......put in the shivel bbq pit....and clean the surrounding area and the rest of camp.....whats everyone elses agenda.......cant wait to see dirty and OR's lay out....if you guys need help / some young backs lol....just ask....you guys know we'll help get ya set up if ya need it

35. Thanks Ghost Rider thanked for this post

Thread Information