Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Building Materials Donation?

You guys are planning on having a gatehouse/guardhouse/office right? Perhaps we can get the building supplies donated? I know a lot of the wheelers work industrial jobs so perhaps we can help yah on in that department. Also, still gunna have a few solar lights erected? Perhaos we can find yah the wood polls.

I know a guy in canton that runs an electronics recycling company. I bet I can get yah some large outdoor lights real cheap. You have to find the solar panels and rig it all up. (any chance of the Village ever having electricity?)

Just ideas. I sadly have a desk job so I'm little help. But I definitely know how to wield some tools. I can help build whatever.
    91 YJ (2" lift - needs some lovin), 01 YFM366 (waaaayyy too much to list, its a money pit), SDG 125 Pitbike

THE ULTIMATE WELLSVILLE PLAYLIST
    THE ULTIMATE WELLSVILLE PLAYLIST: PART II
    THE ULTIMATE WELLSVILLE PLAYLIST: PART III

Post Thanks / Like

thats a true shame last week i just threw out ungodly amounts of 2x6 2x4 plywood 4x4s all used but pull the nails n good as new... was in my way. ill keep shit like that in mind for next time tho i come across alot of block to but cant never tell when is the thing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by huntinmuddin_91 View Post
    thats a true shame last week i just threw out ungodly amounts of 2x6 2x4 plywood 4x4s all used
    You serial man? Just hrew it out. If its free put it up on here and its bound to go to a good home. I need wood for my new deck/awning for when I make the move anyways. Used is fine by me. I have many years under my belt pullin nails outta used wood. usta build treehouses as a kid just about every weekend.
    91 YJ (2" lift - needs some lovin), 01 YFM366 (waaaayyy too much to list, its a money pit), SDG 125 Pitbike

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlast View Post
    You serial man? Just hrew it out. If its free put it up on here and its bound to go to a good home. I need wood for my new deck/awning for when I make the move anyways. Used is fine by me. I have many years under my belt pullin nails outta used wood. usta build treehouses as a kid just about every weekend.
    I see a lot of free wood in cragslist. For the longest time I did not know cragslist had an entire area with nothing but free stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OhioRenegade View Post
    I see a lot of free wood in cragslist. For the longest time I did not know cragslist had an entire area with nothing but free stuff.
    Craigslist is great man. You can get anything from blowjobs to generators.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Red&Black View Post

Post Thanks / Like

Its true!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Red&Black View Post
    THATS GREAT!!! LOL

Yea i threw it out filled truck, bed floor to bout 2 foot over ladder rack probly 12-15 times mostly 12' 2x6, 7' 2x4 sorry had deadline to meet. no hard feelings tho i didnt even save myself a porch roof, (that kind of deadline) i cried every dump tho...

Post Thanks / Like

it would be nice to have a blowjob and a generator. wonder if i could get a packaged deal?
    YJ (sold it and haven't looked back)
    cr250
    400ex

Post Thanks / Like

Well sorry for not being on here much this week, Work had me tied up in Nashville then to top it off my phone was stolen on monday.. week sucked to say the least....

I've been watching craigslist found a few items that we can use. I'll most likely try to gather some things this weekend since cleaning up isnt going to be a option.

As far as the lights go, we were thinking about useing the outdoor solar type, they dont put off a lot of light but they do put off some and they are not very costly....

We are working on some options for electric, its nice to have... I checked with the power company and they want 13,000.00 to bring a line up to the top of the hill... I think we can just make it our selves for a couple years, we have the skill set to do it and it just seems the smartest way at the moment.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheVillageohvClub View Post
    Well sorry for not being on here much this week, Work had me tied up in Nashville then to top it off my phone was stolen on monday.. week sucked to say the least....

I've been watching craigslist found a few items that we can use. I'll most likely try to gather some things this weekend since cleaning up isnt going to be a option.

As far as the lights go, we were thinking about useing the outdoor solar type, they dont put off a lot of light but they do put off some and they are not very costly....

We are working on some options for electric, its nice to have... I checked with the power company and they want 13,000.00 to bring a line up to the top of the hill... I think we can just make it our selves for a couple years, we have the skill set to do it and it just seems the smartest way at the moment.
    What if you installed under ground cable from the site down to where they would tie in. The cable would be costly however I am sure the club members would supply the trenching labor.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Odyknuck View Post
    What if you installed under ground cable from the site down to where they would tie in. The cable would be costly however I am sure the club members would supply the trenching labor.
    That is a option, were the problem would come in is a certified electrician would have to sign off on it for the electric company to allow it to be used.. Basically that electrician would have to be a contractor. Our group is pretty well connected with a diverse group of people but we don't know any electrical contractors that would do it with in our budget

Post Thanks / Like

Leadsled is a big end electrician. I dont know exactly who he works for but I know he deals with some high voltage.

Post Thanks / Like

WE PUT IN AROUND 300 YARDS OF UNDER GROUND CABLE TO A FRIENDS LAND, AEP HOOKED IT UP WITH OUT ANY ISSUES AND NO OF US WERE CERTIFIED.
    BUT THAT WAS 12 YEARS AGO POLICY MAY HAVE CHANGED.

Post Thanks / Like

i could talk to my old man hes a foreman for a highway electral contracting company the only prob we from pa and the d.o.t. gotta get their greedy fingers in everything i think the contractor has to be dot certified so i think he may be certified for wrong state we need the work done ill ask if he knows but village if u could check in that... only reason i know is in pa if ur gas line goes defunct the plumber has to be d.o.t. certified, WTF does the d.o.t. have any buisness relating to the plumbing field? but i dont make the rules. ill see him today run it past him tho

Post Thanks / Like

Will check into it asap, its somthing that needs to be looked at anyhow. Hard to get anything done out side we might as well get other ducks in a row....

Post Thanks / Like

Me and O.R. put our own electric in at our site. We ran the underground, and set the pole and meter box. The electric company ran overhead to the pole and tied in the meter. I believe we were required to have a certified electrician sign off, but we signed it ourselves.
    2013 Can Am Renegade 1000R X xc
    2016 Polaris RZR XP Turbo

Post Thanks / Like

electricity is not a huge deal if i wasnt worried about getting a generator stollen electricity could be made on a group to group basis. I would be worried about other ammeneties such as a store or a nice shitter/showerhouse, food, parts, gas. security would be nice but 24/7 would be far fetched.
    you tube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/91rokee?feature=mhee

Post Thanks / Like

That is a thought, only bad part is if they disputed it then everything would have to be unearthed and checked then signed off on ... bla bla bla... surely between all of we will figure out something.. That area is kind of lax on codes as well. Going to call the county engineers here in a bit, see what they have to say.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheVillageohvClub View Post
    That is a thought, only bad part is if they disputed it then everything would have to be unearthed and checked then signed off on ... bla bla bla... surely between all of we will figure out something.. That area is kind of lax on codes as well. Going to call the county engineers here in a bit, see what they have to say.
    Are you sure you want to get them Involved. You could be held up in red tape for years. I would just get an experienced power Electriction and get him to look at what you want to do and let him be the guide etc.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ridindirty View Post
    Me and O.R. put our own electric in at our site. We ran the underground, and set the pole and meter box. The electric company ran overhead to the pole and tied in the meter. I believe we were required to have a certified electrician sign off, but we signed it ourselves.
    Didn't you fry out your camper that first weekend of you guys having power too?

I myself just run a small generator as need. Just a pain in the ass to lug down everytime and even though I built a sound house for it, you still get the noise. A few of my buds have one of the few Oaktree spots that does have electricity. Its one f there big deciding factors on moving camp. I guess after you have of for so long, it sucks to have and not have it again? I dunno. I'm cool either way. Light shows life and where theres life, theres less likely to be unwanted attention. Forbiddenzone got so bad because it was always dark up in that area at night. You drive through and see a few random trach and barrel fires. It was like a hobo town for a while.

Post Thanks / Like

Hahaha, yeah, lesson learned there; you don't wire a 30 amp RV plug the same way you wire a 30 amp dryer. Just had the legs switched on the plug. Other than that, it was all good. Works perfect now.

Post Thanks / Like

ok talkedto the old man he said weather runnin 240 or 480 u run such a long line(i dont know ur plans or exact footage to supply him w/ i imagine it be a straight shot from road but still have vague idea on footage) he said if its to far ur lookin at possibly a step up/step down transformer in the line he dont think it take one but i got no idea wat the distance is at all, they run roughly 5k alone. and in pa duquesne light sends a inspector to check the work gotta be 42'' deep sand/gravel so on... so you still stuck payin couple hundred an hr for that jackass to piss you off. He also said when u deal w/ public for liability reasons just walk away, someone gets shocked and... ya know... its money well spent to pay them to supply the line then u divide it from there but cover ur back on liabilty. im sure that was thought about. that bein said im cool w a generator lol wats that number for the blowjob/generator deal

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ridindirty View Post
    Hahaha, yeah, lesson learned there; you don't wire a 30 amp RV plug the same way you wire a 30 amp dryer. Just had the legs switched on the plug. Other than that, it was all good. Works perfect now.
    Yeah when your RV store tells ya its 220 and its not , its a lesson to learn, dont listen to your RV store. I wired it exactly as I was told.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OhioRenegade View Post
    Yeah when your RV store tells ya its 220 and its not , its a lesson to learn, dont listen to your RV store. I wired it exactly as I was told.
    You would also think that the "electrical professional" at Lowe's that helped get all the material together would have known that too. He was told exactly what we were doing.

Post Thanks / Like

If would help i could get the flooring for it (wood ,tile .. ext ) ! im a hard surface installer so i have the hook up !
    Jason

Post Thanks / Like

This brings up another good point; campers and RV's don't have surge protectors at the power cord, which I think is really stupid. So, if you have one, any time you plug it into an outlet, you run the risk of burning up your your inverter and appliances. So, I suggest going to the store and buying surge protectors and pluging your tv's, dvd players, microwaves, ect... into them. It's cheap security. Just sayin'.

Post Thanks / Like

Well I have most your answers.

First of all A.E.P. is like no other electric company. They dont have very many strict standards, like Mahoing county does. All the Village would need to do is like we did, sink a utility pole, put on a meter base and a main shut off on the pole and thats it. Does not need to be done by a certified electrician.

If the pole was set in the corner of the property where it contacts the road its about 400 feet to the top of the hill, thats straight line and not following the geographic lay of the land. Also I dont recall seeing a power pole in that area, which that means A.E.P. will still want 1500.00 a pole, but I could be wrong I know the last power pole is some where close.
    The length is important as voltage and amps will drop. I wouldn't go with a transformer unless we cannot keep the voltage above 117 volts, as they will constantly run and use around 200 watts. I can figure it all out when the time comes but for a 500 foot run I would use 250 kcmil aluminum wire buired @ 36" min with a red caution ribbon barred 1 foot above the wire. This would allow for about 3% voltage drop over 500ft(The NEC generally recommends voltage drops of not more than 3-5% for maximum efficiency). Last time I bought 250 kcmil aluminum wire it was around 2.65 a foot. This would give you 200 amp service at the top of the hill.

Post Thanks / Like

^ And how well could all that be divided omonst the campers?

Post Thanks / Like

^ And how well could all that be divided omonst the campers?
    Well it all depends , but I think Oak Tree has only a 100 amp service, so it would be twice as much.

Thread Information