Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joe_and_jeep View Post
    The biggest concern I have with the road is how slippery it gets when it rains. I can get up it no sweat, its coming down that sucks.
    There is a place close by on the river that has a slag byproduct, it can be bought for what I was told $20 a dump truck load. Can you see about finding its location. This stuff would help the clay spots the worste one being at or near the top of the hill.

Post Thanks / Like

In your opinion, will the road be good enough to get this rig up there Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0521101528a.JPG 
Views:	107 
Size:	157.8 KB 
ID:	1047. It's nice to bring all the comforts of home for the weekend. I would take care of any tree trimming, but the washouts and rocks would get me.
    2013 Can Am Renegade 1000R X xc
    2016 Polaris RZR XP Turbo

Post Thanks / Like

You know someone with a dumptruck? I'm googling now, but Lisbon is the closest I found so far. Last time I got gravel it was $200ish for 24tons deliverd.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVillageohvClub View Post
    There is a place close by on the river that has a slag byproduct, it can be bought for what I was told $20 a dump truck load. Can you see about finding its location. This stuff would help the clay spots the worste one being at or near the top of the hill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Rider View Post
    Nope, Joe is a bad mofo. He carves the thanksgiving tukey with that same chainsaw.
    Quote Originally Posted by yjcorey655 View Post
    i'm starting to think joe is one gnarly mugga fugga

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OhioRenegade View Post
    For any and all that are in doubt all I have to say is "you'll see" hahahah long live the Village OHV Club! I have already talked with the club personally.They are DEAD ass serious! And the best part of the club owners etc,, they like to party and get dirty just as much as we do. I cant wait to get out to Scooby,Scrappy, Scrappy Jr, Sam Hill, Frank Hill, Mud Wall,ass nasty and all the others at theVillage OHV Club.
    I dont know what kind of "Proof" all of you need. What kind of proof do you need? I have talked to the club personally,not for 5 mins either, my word should be good enough. Did I see a paper stating they own or lease it ,,, no but any piece of paper can be forged or counterfeited. Did they mention and talk of key land owner names,, yes they did
    What I think is going on is all the folks that use to sneak in the forebiddenzone area with out paying are worried they might actually have to pay and there little back sneak entrance to the ville might be lost.
    Time Will Tell !!!

What concerns me with "the proof" is the information is private. A tax id number is basically a social security number. Do you go around asking people for those in common day life. Have you ever asked a land lord to show you proof of ownership to a house or apartment prior to renting from him? Will a bank open a business acount with out a legal business name and tx id number ... No they will not.

All we can do is what is right, make our plans clear and follow threw with them. Action speaks loader than words and I'm curtain we are on a action train here. Everything we could do we have done.

Do we have a curtain amount of trash to clean up from previously done things... YES we do, We are not going to focus on the negative PERIOD!!! We will how ever focus on the positive, and again Time Will Tell.....

Post Thanks / Like

I know the man personally, well at least the stuff we got last year for our camp. We had it hauled in so it was a little more than 20.00. Also Murphy Trucking has been hauling shit tons of it down to Amsterdam for the new dollar general. Anyhow it works in our camp as a base and is alright but it does wash away fairly quick (sand mixed in) anywhere that water can run.
    Might not be the same stuff who know but it come out of the yellow creek. Basicly it wash rock not screened is what we got cheap.
    There is a place in Lisbon Oh that has 1's and 2's softball size stuff and its cheap. This stuff wont get washed away by water. And thats the biggest thing when people ask me will this rock work for my drive way,, my reply is do you think xxx rock or gravel can be moved but fast flowing water. Most people can in vision small gravel-rock getting washed out pretty easy that way.
    Also depending on what equipment you have access to there is a lot of good rock right there on the property.
    If you need to haul rock in and are looking for someone to haul it. Murphy Trucking out of Westville-Damascus Oh. They can haul it cheaper than what I could haul it for myself.
    Some culverts , some stone,, yeah I can see it already

Post Thanks / Like

You know someone with a dumptruck? I'm googling now, but Lisbon is the closest I found so far. Last time I got gravel it was $200ish for 24tons deliverd.
    I know there is a factory on the river, a bi-product of there process is a slag type material and they have so much of it they damn near give it away. Literally $20 a dump truck load. its a little south of us right on the river.

Post Thanks / Like

I know the man personally, well at least the stuff we got last year for our camp. We had it hauled in so it was a little more than 20.00. Also Murphy Trucking has been hauling shit tons of it down to Amsterdam for the new dollar general. Anyhow it works in our camp as a base and is alright but it does wash away fairly quick (sand mixed in) anywhere that water can run.
    Might not be the same stuff who know but it come out of the yellow creek. Basicly it wash rock not screened is what we got cheap.
    There is a place in Lisbon Oh that has 1's and 2's softball size stuff and its cheap. This stuff wont get washed away by water. And thats the biggest thing when people ask me will this rock work for my drive way,, my reply is do you think xxx rock or gravel can be moved but fast flowing water. Most people can in vision small gravel-rock getting washed out pretty easy that way.
    Also depending on what equipment you have access to there is a lot of good rock right there on the property.
    If you need to haul rock in and are looking for someone to haul it. Murphy Trucking out of Westville-Damascus Oh. They can haul it cheaper than what I could haul it for myself.
    Some culverts , some stone,, yeah I can see it already
    Yea I know "Hess" was bring that stuff into oaktree for a while, that stuff is a little small. The stuff I am talking about is bull nut size.

Post Thanks / Like

Yea I know "Hess" was bring that stuff into oaktree for a while, that stuff is a little small. The stuff I am talking about is bull nut size.
    Nice those would work perfect.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ridindirty View Post
    In your opinion, will the road be good enough to get this rig up there Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0521101528a.JPG 
Views:	107 
Size:	157.8 KB 
ID:	1047. It's nice to bring all the comforts of home for the weekend. I would take care of any tree trimming, but the washouts and rocks would get me.
    well as long as you let us hang out in it we will get it up and down the hill lol.....

Now back on being truthfull, we want to make it as best we can. Our intentions is to get some off road magazines in and some major events. That takes car haulers, bus's and things of that nature. Now with at being said, will we have it that good in March, We would like to say yes but knowing how things roll sometimes Im sure we will find other issues along the way.

Post Thanks / Like

well as long as you let us hang out in it we will get it up and down the hill lol.....

Now back on being truthfull, we want to make it as best we can. Our intentions is to get some off road magazines in and some major events. That takes car haulers, bus's and things of that nature. Now with at being said, will we have it that good in March, We would like to say yes but knowing how things roll sometimes Im sure we will find other issues along the way.

I been trying to get a few mags in, being that you guys own your property it will make it look better. A lot of mags will not come if there is a reason to believe they are "Tresspassing"

Nope, Joe is a bad mofo. He carves the thanksgiving tukey with that same chainsaw.

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe I'll just have to put a lift on it...Hahaha

Post Thanks / Like

The biggest gripe I hear in the Jeep community is there is no "Rocks" in Wellsville. Be kinda cool to make a little rock course.

Post Thanks / Like

The biggest gripe I hear in the Jeep community is there is no "Rocks" in Wellsville. Be kinda cool to make a little rock course.
    no Rocks??? We have tons of rocks.... I guess we can mark them with signs... Rocks located here.

Post Thanks / Like

Can we bag it lol

Post Thanks / Like

Can we bag it lol
    It's already bagged. Have to double bag it.

Post Thanks / Like

no Rocks??? We have tons of rocks.... I guess we can mark them with signs... Rocks located here.
    Wellsville is pretty much all rock, I'm talking about the stereotypical rock crawl. Make kinda like a spot to hangout and watch, like how 4WD has their area. Just throwing it out there.

Post Thanks / Like

It's already bagged. Have to double bag it.
    lets triple bag it, add some fox coil over air's and see if skyjacker will make a long arm system... hahaha

Post Thanks / Like

lets triple bag it, add some fox coild over air's and see if skyjacker will make a long arm system... hahaha
    hahah with some dully 44's

Post Thanks / Like

Lets do it!

Rocks, what about this rock garden? Rocks in there, just not as popular of a place for many. I doubt many people know of it either. And rocks have there place and all, but Wellsville is a whole nother monster. If every wheelin spot had the same landscape, why travel any other one? Perhaps more vids and pics need to be made of what the Ville really has to offer to those hardcore wheelers?

Speaking of the road in, anyone ever though to make a new road? Camp traffic only?

^^ From this pic, you can see it might be a climb, but if you were to down fill the vally(creek, and colvert it) that would smooth down some of the elevation. You could also sort of zig zag the road too.

Thins is just speculation. It would eliminate some of the drive and the drive thru scooby. And you might also have to reset the camping area up nd widen that main path(super hwy), ect. I know that power line is a bit of a bitch but if your going to have the equipment there, perhaps cutting a new path and smoothing it through might be a bit easier? Plus you can make a shack straight off the road, that is campground specific (gatehouse so to speak) and still have your main house up at the camp. Just throwin ideas out there. Cuttin by/thru scoob can be an exit route or back entrance.
    91 YJ (2" lift - needs some lovin), 01 YFM366 (waaaayyy too much to list, its a money pit), SDG 125 Pitbike

THE ULTIMATE WELLSVILLE PLAYLIST
    THE ULTIMATE WELLSVILLE PLAYLIST: PART II
    THE ULTIMATE WELLSVILLE PLAYLIST: PART III

Post Thanks / Like

Wellsville is pretty much all rock, I'm talking about the stereotypical rock crawl. Make kinda like a spot to hangout and watch, like how 4WD has their area. Just throwing it out there.
    Keep this in thought, when I rent the dozer this year if there is a place with some natural rocks in a close area, I will be more than happy to push them in a nice pile or how ever you all would think. Also the place in lisbon has piles of 3 wheeler sized rocks. Just depends how far we want to go with this,, but yeah I would love to hang out and watch folks play on them.
    And of coarse this would have to be approved by land owner, Village OHV Club or Dave. I dont think they would care as long as its in the right spot.

Post Thanks / Like

see that area between scooby and pipeline we call the slant trail, hence the off camber nature of it inbetween. Hardly anyone rides it, it is tough, and dangerous. But .... fun to some.

Post Thanks / Like

Rocks, what about this rock garden? Rocks in there, just not as popular of a place for many. I doubt many people know of it either. And rocks have there place and all, but Wellsville is a whole nother monster. If every wheelin spot had the same landscape, why travel any other one? Perhaps more vids and pics need to be made of what the Ville really has to offer to those hardcore wheelers?

Agreed, I wheel the Ville because of what it is. I dont go many other places because I like what I like about the Ville. A lot of the "Main Stream" Jeep clubs are rocking 33s +/-. The Rock Garden in the Creek is fun, but hardly a spot to hangout. The Rock Garden above the Creek is pretty hardcore. Just an idea I'm throwing out (Creative thinking breeds ideas) that is if we can make a easily accessible Rock Garden that will be easily accessible to spectators (Something that is hard in the creek) that I believe it will bring in traffic for The Village and give them an area to hold an event. I understand the Ville brings in a specific crowd of people I was just thinking if we could attract some of the crowds with prettier Jeeps it would be awesome PR and revenue for The Village. Also, because this is the internet and I must sometimes also be specific... I also understand the Village isn't concerned with "Getting Rich" but the more money they bring in, the more they can put back into the community/trails/veterans.

Post Thanks / Like

back to the topic of deadlast, the idea of a new road would be good if we owned all the way to the hammondsville road. Another property owner would have to be approached before we could do something of that nature.

Post Thanks / Like

Keep this in thought, when I rent the dozer this year if there is a place with some natural rocks in a close area, I will be more than happy to push them in a nice pile or how ever you all would think. Also the place in lisbon has piles of 3 wheeler sized rocks. Just depends how far we want to go with this,, but yeah I would love to hang out and watch folks play on them.
    And of coarse this would have to be approved by land owner, Village OHV Club or Dave. I dont think they would care as long as its in the right spot.

We would support and rock area and it would be another attraction for people to watch instead of everyone swamping scooby...

Post Thanks / Like

back to the topic of deadlast, the idea of a new road would be good if we owned all the way to the hammondsville road. Another property owner would have to be approached before we could do something of that nature.
    Yeah I wondered about that when deadlast posted that, I would love to see on the map what area is the VillageohvClub.

Post Thanks / Like

Agreed, I wheel the Ville because of what it is. I dont go many other places because I like what I like about the Ville. A lot of the "Main Stream" Jeep clubs are rocking 33s +/-. The Rock Garden in the Creek is fun, but hardly a spot to hangout. The Rock Garden above the Creek is pretty hardcore. Just an idea I'm throwing out (Creative thinking breeds ideas) that is if we can make a easily accessible Rock Garden that will be easily accessible to spectators (Something that is hard in the creek) that I believe it will bring in traffic for The Village and give them an area to hold an event. I understand the Ville brings in a specific crowd of people I was just thinking if we could attract some of the crowds with prettier Jeeps it would be awesome PR and revenue for The Village. Also, because this is the internet and I must sometimes also be specific... I also understand the Village isn't concerned with "Getting Rich" but the more money they bring in, the more they can put back into the community/trails/veterans.
    100% agreement, well stated..... are you cooking or what, that will be a attraction with in its self lol

Post Thanks / Like

100% agreement, well stated..... are you cooking or what, that will be a attraction with in its self lol

Yup, I'm working on putting stuff together now. Researching FDA tempatures, proper food holding (I did training on temps, cross contamination etc... but that was a few years ago) and a dust proof holding system. Keeping everything on ice for a weekend is my biggest issue at the moment. But I guess wifey will just have to make a trip to town.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I wondered about that when deadlast posted that, I would love to see on the map what area is the VillageohvClub.

I know I know, its on the list but hasnt been on our priority list. It does have to be done so people know what is and isnt ours.

Post Thanks / Like

I know I know, its on the list but hasnt been on our priority list. It does have to be done so people know what is and isnt ours.
    yup and that a lone will maybe help re a sure folks in doubt. I have an idea of what I think is Village OHV Club. Maybe Ill give it a whirl here in a few to see if Im even close.

Post Thanks / Like

Yup, I'm working on putting stuff together now. Researching FDA tempatures, proper food holding (I did training on temps, cross contamination etc... but that was a few years ago) and a dust proof holding system. Keeping everything on ice for a weekend is my biggest issue at the moment. But I guess wifey will just have to make a trip to town.
    Man that sounds awesome. I usually dont bring any food with me and usually ride to Gibbys.

Thread Information