Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheVillageohvClub View Post
    We are going to meet today.

Price options will be voted on by the board and we will release that update here and our site on Sunday.

Would people like to see Events? If so then what type of Events do you feel would be best, if we are to have them then we need to start planning for those. It takes a while to gather sponsors and organize good ones.

We would like to thank everyone for the input so far and ask you please keep it coming. "Be a member of a positive change"
    I understand this is Non Profit, but its still a business. A successful business appeals to the masses. The larger population at Wellsville is Hill Billies. And a shit load of ppl show up.

Would be cool to have a hill climbing event since that's what Wellsville is known for. But that would bring on a lot of crashes and insurance. What would be cool would be bringing in a bunch of rock. I know quite a few people that bitch there isn't enough rock in Wellsville.

Wellsville is what it is, can't try to change it. Wellsville riders don't like change. We've been riding here for 40 years. It doesn't hurt to add some benefits but don't take any away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Rider View Post
    Nope, Joe is a bad mofo. He carves the thanksgiving tukey with that same chainsaw.
    Quote Originally Posted by yjcorey655 View Post
    i'm starting to think joe is one gnarly mugga fugga

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joe_and_jeep View Post
    I understand this is Non Profit, but its still a business. A successful business appeals to the masses. The larger population at Wellsville is Hill Billies. And a shit load of ppl show up.

Would be cool to have a hill climbing event since that's what Wellsville is known for. But that would bring on a lot of crashes and insurance. What would be cool would be bringing in a bunch of rock. I know quite a few people that bitch there isn't enough rock in Wellsville.

Wellsville is what it is, can't try to change it. Wellsville riders don't like change. We've been riding here for 40 years. It doesn't hurt to add some benefits but don't take any away.
    We have spoke with key people on this site, our intentions "I think" / hope have been made clear... we just want to fix what is wrong, improve what is issue's and secure "land" for what it has been used for already and make it more fun for all. Second to this we want to help our fallen brothers and sisters for there sacrifice's "securing our freedom" and allowing us to be able to do what we do as riders and a club.

We can talk till we are blue in the face, type until our fingers bleed, etc but nothing speaks loader than action. We can not wait until action takes place, Physically being able to be on site and start doing the things that need done. We as a club love this land, and want nothing more than to see it stay what it is.

The locals are good people and we know a lot of them, you can call them hillbillies but at the end of the day they are people. The area has always had a diverse group of people riding it. In my opinion some of the best riders of that place are the locals, they make do with what they have and are underestimated.

Post Thanks / Like

the best time to ride is right now because nobody's there. that's why i personally why i don't like events--attracting crowds. i also avoid the holiday wekends.

however i would support a poker run with proceeds going to benefit the town of wellsville (fire, police, boys club, ymca, whatever) to help "fix what is wrong, improve what is issue's and secure "land" for what it has been used for already". with the land being owned by so many different people, that would be quite an undertaking.

P.S.
    if you had a atv hillclimb, you may as well just give me the money now!

sheepskin hill/aka topsoil

THE GOOD THING ABOUT QUADS IS ANYBODY CAN RIDE THEM
    THE BAD THING ABOUT QUADS IS ANYBODY CAN RIDE THEM

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by preacher250r View Post
    P.S.
    if you had a atv hillclimb, you may as well just give me the money now!
    hahahah, you forget I ride there .

Post Thanks / Like

We have spoke with key people on this site, our intentions "I think" / hope have been made clear... we just want to fix what is wrong, improve what is issue's and secure "land" for what it has been used for already and make it more fun for all. Second to this we want to help our fallen brothers and sisters for there sacrifice's "securing our freedom" and allowing us to be able to do what we do as riders and a club.

We can talk till we are blue in the face, type until our fingers bleed, etc but nothing speaks loader than action. We can not wait until action takes place, Physically being able to be on site and start doing the things that need done. We as a club love this land, and want nothing more than to see it stay what it is.

The locals are good people and we know a lot of them, you can call them hillbillies but at the end of the day they are people. The area has always had a diverse group of people riding it. In my opinion some of the best riders of that place are the locals, they make do with what they have and are underestimated.
    I'm one of the hillbillies, I wheel a beater. I'm far from high class... I'm sorta local, I live 7 miles away. So I'm not hacking on the hillbillies. I don't want you to get the wrong idea about me. I've put a lot of my time into being at Wellsville. I spend 2 or 3 weekends a month at Wellsville. Sometimes more sometimes less. I've been wheeling there when Upper Twister was just another easy trail. When Suicide was still being run... Etc... If Wellsville's trails go away so does a part of me. I hope you can understand why I'm a little nervous about all these "New" developments.
    Nope, Joe is a bad mofo. He carves the thanksgiving tukey with that same chainsaw.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OhioRenegade View Post
    hahahah, you forget I ride there .

i said hillclimb, not hill jump

Post Thanks / Like

Forgot something very important, I trail guide/organize Wellsville trail rides for a few clubs. Is there going to be a group rate for "official" club rides?

Post Thanks / Like

If Wellsville's trails go away so does a part of me. I hope you can understand why I'm a little nervous about all these "New" developments.

oaktree may to be sold to the coal liquification(the real 'enemy', not whatever club)

forbidden zone got ruint by the previous leasee's and some campers and alot of negative aspects were/are public knowledge, putting all atving in a bad light. (aka mad max)

freezone may be taken over as a coal 'staging' area for the coal liquification plant, making yellow creek camp iffy for riding.

as someone who also has a local place to park and ride on whatever's left, i'll probably be riding anyway, but greatly appreciate the effort that this club is putting into the old forbidden zone (i remember before forbidden zone, the old sportsman club chasing us with rifles to stay away from scooby and the whole 3rd powerline), and realize whatever the club comes up with is way better than anything else that is bound to happen if not for thier club.

it's time to get involved and get to work, not just "put alot of time being at wellsville" which i am way guilty of. (just ask the wife)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by preacher250r View Post
    oaktree may to be sold to the coal liquification(the real 'enemy', not whatever club)

forbidden zone got ruint by the previous leasee's and some campers and alot of negative aspects were/are public knowledge, putting all atving in a bad light. (aka mad max)

freezone may be taken over as a coal 'staging' area for the coal liquification plant, making yellow creek camp iffy for riding.

as someone who also has a local place to park and ride on whatever's left, i'll probably be riding anyway, but greatly appreciate the effort that this club is putting into the old forbidden zone (i remember before forbidden zone, the old sportsman club chasing us with rifles to stay away from scooby and the whole 3rd powerline), and realize whatever the club comes up with is way better than anything else that is bound to happen if not for thier club.
    Yup,Yup, right on!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OhioRenegade View Post
    Yup,Yup, right on!
    Very much agreed. I want to see them be successful and will do anything necessary to help.

Post Thanks / Like

Just some feedback from some of my buddies who are regular Wellsville go'ers.. I told them about the possible options:

The sets and the prices for the sets
    Responses: F' that!

Price per rider matching Dave's prices
    Responses: Hell yea!

Price per rider (price greater that Dave's prices, $15+)
    Responses: F' that, I'd just go Mine's and Meadows then!

------------------------------------------------------------
    I just wanted to let you in on some of the other responses from other people..

Post Thanks / Like

Any word on how the meeting went?

Post Thanks / Like

I support all you are doing and i too am interested in daily/wknd rates and camping. I visited the ville only three times last year(hopefully more this year). Woodsbuggy.com may be interested in an event they started a hillclimbing series last year and wellsville was not on the schedule due to no one such as yourselves to orginize it with.
    Ecotec powered,vanogon sideshift, rack-n-pinion steered buggy wagon.

Post Thanks / Like

OK here is the results as voted on....

member lot includes 4 passes and 1 camper "exactly the same as Dave's" for 500.00 "A" additional camper is 200.00 with a limit of 2 total per lot.

unlimited member riding pass with out a permanent spot is 150.00

day riding permits will be 12.00 a day

Post Thanks / Like

member lot includes 4 passes and 1 camper "exactly the same as Dave's" for 500.00 "A" additional camper is 200.00 with a limit of 2 total per lot.

Cool... When I see what the road plans are, I think I'm just going to get a pemanent spot just to secure a parking spot...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tw9294 View Post
    I support all you are doing and i too am interested in daily/wknd rates and camping. I visited the ville only three times last year(hopefully more this year). Woodsbuggy.com may be interested in an event they started a hillclimbing series last year and wellsville was not on the schedule due to no one such as yourselves to orginize it with.

we could support that, Maybe a new climb out of the shale valley?

Post Thanks / Like

Forgot something very important, I trail guide/organize Wellsville trail rides for a few clubs. Is there going to be a group rate for "official" club rides?
    When the time comes and as we are approached, we will be happy to work with groups.

Post Thanks / Like

i'm happy

Post Thanks / Like

sounds pretty good

Post Thanks / Like

SWEET! I think this is great! I will try to get all who i ride with to camp here and support this effort. Thanks!
    Ecotec powered,vanogon sideshift, rack-n-pinion steered buggy wagon.

Post Thanks / Like

So for $150 we can come and go as many times as we please? The prices sound great!!

I think.. I think I love you guys! hahaha

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tw9294 View Post
    SWEET! I think this is great! I will try to get all who i ride with to camp here and support this effort. Thanks!
    We know who you guys are and support you. woodsbuggy.com

A true gathering for wellsville riders has been a long time coming, I still and always will give props to wellsvilletrails for all the effort they have made to date basically as a third party organization that had no direct influences and were allowed to say what they wanted and form a true alliance of people that care.

Its going to be a great year for all! The sooner we can get people coming on board and start paying this property off the more secure we will be. Its all about "us riders" at the end of the day. Putting money back into Wellsville to help veterans will get I hope the city it self behind us. They have there own VFW post that we will be supporting directly, VFW post are better served to distribute funds out to the local community, if anyone knows of any other veteran organizations for Jefferson county that are near by let us know so we can direct funds that way as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ColtonW View Post
    So for $150 we can come and go as many times as we please? The prices sound great!!

I think.. I think I love you guys! hahaha
    Yes is it unlimited.... love our effort not "us" LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Okay, I love your efforts!

So when does this all happen? Say if I want to go riding Saturday, will someone be down to collect our money?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ColtonW View Post
    Okay, I love your efforts!

So when does this all happen? Say if I want to go riding Saturday, will someone be down to collect our money?
    If we need to be on site as soon as Saturday then we will be. We would like to keep payments web based, for accounting reasons, its also good way of making sure members have a legit receipt and for our sake a solid means of being able to show how the money is distributed. Instead of cash just being taken and a non traceable generic dollar store receipt being handed back.

Post Thanks / Like

If we need to be on site as soon as Saturday then we will be. We would like to keep payments web based, for accounting reasons, its also good way of making sure members have a legit receipt and for our sake a solid means of being able to show how the money is distributed. Instead of cash just being taken and a non traceable generic dollar store receipt being handed back.

" Instead of cash just being taken and a non traceable generic dollar store receipt being handed back.[/QUOTE]
    Wise Ideal

Post Thanks / Like

tur tru, but you also gotta keep in mind that a lot of the wheelers are foreign to the paypal thing. Unless you expect them to learn for yah (which is completely realistic) perhaps a book with names and numbers should be kept and if certain members do decide cash is there only way, perhaps a written recept/agreemnt paper should be sign by whoever collect money and all members names and numbers go in the book, paid in cash or via paypal. Its will also he you when patroling to see if a site got setup and is unpaid. Will we get "hard copy" passes? and for a two camper site, is that 8 passes total?

One question and one suggestion; Question is do you guys plan to have an "office" and if so, whom will work it? I realise you and your crew like to go out and wheel, will there be someone there and how often and when? (office hrs). I'd also be nice to have a "presence" known so that the jackasses that cause the havoc get the idea that there is new ownership and the BS isn't gunna happen anymore. Suggestion; give us some sorta time frame for movein date. I'd hate for you guys to get overwhelmed with payments and also have members move over there as you guys are reinventing the place. (Perhaps start a new information thread)

Any chance that us trails members can get a minuscule discount??? It'd drive traffic to this site, which in return will get your information and event updates out to the masses easier? Perhaps $50 off a site or something like that? I dunno, just a suggestion. Also, perhaps you guys can set up a clean up and construction day. Just announce it on this site and setup a weekend where us WT (wellsvilltrails) members can come down and lend a helping hand to get the place ready for its turnaround. (Its a good idea, we set up a Preacher's trail matience day a while back and it sorta worked. I can make fliers again like I did for that. I know the big talk was getting cracky taken care of, and in the end it was me and my brother spending two days digging, but the revert got setup and is still there today and someone went in later and filed the washout, so yeah I'd say it was a success)

This all seems extremely legit now that myself and OR have had the time to talk to yah on the phone. The forbidden zone thread will be renamed to The Village OHV Club once the site is up and running and people can start moving in. Keep the progress movin forward!
    91 YJ (2" lift - needs some lovin), 01 YFM366 (waaaayyy too much to list, its a money pit), SDG 125 Pitbike

THE ULTIMATE WELLSVILLE PLAYLIST
    THE ULTIMATE WELLSVILLE PLAYLIST: PART II
    THE ULTIMATE WELLSVILLE PLAYLIST: PART III

Post Thanks / Like

People were referring to the hillbilly w/ no teef that cant figure out paypal... Thats me!!! I got all my "teef" and they'r even white but im computer illiterate, a buddie set up the account but not everyone got that help. i do have a concern for the web based collection, i completly understand where you are coming from as far as having paper trail but the people on this site are a small fraction of the heads that physically attend "wellsville". What im trying to say is ppl may not know this website exists yet, in return not aware of a new ownership and decide to make a run out to the "forbidden zone" for the weekend when they get there they will get the info and be forced to camp else were (costing the village money) from lack of cash exchange. Paypal has a 3 day hold on your account till all finances are approved w/ your bank so they cant even come back in an hr. Maybe try cuttin some slack on all web based payments for the first year/a few months but actually give a legit recipt weather hand written or printed on paper...... Thats my 2 cents!

I also am impressed w/ the price schedule i got no gripe, and the unlimited riding permit is the best idea i heard in a long time, everything down to havin 2 campers. but i am curious to how many guests per camper/site we will be aloud to host i dont have the concern myself but a person i went in on the campsite w/ wanted to know, (it was close to a deal breaker for him) but i explained these ppl are running a "Buisness" not everyone you know will be aloud in for free, but i do ask a number,
    1 guest per site owner, equaling 4 guests at a time?
    2 guests per site owner equaling 8 guests at one time?
    X guests per set camper equaling X guests at one time?
    If you have 2 set campers does the number change?

Im only askin these q's so i dont get no one mad or break any campsite rules. it would be hard to exceed 4 ppl on a given weekend and i would like the peice of mind to know im not breakin the rule. Another q. does the numbers change on holiday weekend? or am i just thinkin too hard bout the whole topic?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlast View Post
    tur tru, but you also gotta keep in mind that a lot of the wheelers are foreign to the paypal thing. Unless you expect them to learn for yah (which is completely realistic) perhaps a book with names and numbers should be kept and if certain members do decide cash is there only way, perhaps a written recept/agreemnt paper should be sign by whoever collect money and all members names and numbers go in the book, paid in cash or via paypal. Its will also he you when patroling to see if a site got setup and is unpaid. Will we get "hard copy" passes? and for a two camper site, is that 8 passes total?

One question and one suggestion; Question is do you guys plan to have an "office" and if so, whom will work it? I realise you and your crew like to go out and wheel, will there be someone there and how often and when? (office hrs). I'd also be nice to have a "presence" known so that the jackasses that cause the havoc get the idea that there is new ownership and the BS isn't gunna happen anymore. Suggestion; give us some sorta time frame for movein date. I'd hate for you guys to get overwhelmed with payments and also have members move over there as you guys are reinventing the place. (Perhaps start a new information thread)

Any chance that us trails members can get a minuscule discount??? It'd drive traffic to this site, which in return will get your information and event updates out to the masses easier? Perhaps $50 off a site or something like that? I dunno, just a suggestion. Also, perhaps you guys can set up a clean up and construction day. Just announce it on this site and setup a weekend where us WT (wellsvilltrails) members can come down and lend a helping hand to get the place ready for its turnaround. (Its a good idea, we set up a Preacher's trail matience day a while back and it sorta worked. I can make fliers again like I did for that. I know the big talk was getting cracky taken care of, and in the end it was me and my brother spending two days digging, but the revert got setup and is still there today and someone went in later and filed the washout, so yeah I'd say it was a success)

This all seems extremely legit now that myself and OR have had the time to talk to yah on the phone. The forbidden zone thread will be renamed to The Village OHV Club once the site is up and running and people can start moving in. Keep the progress movin forward!
    Records will have to be on site for aid in control of who is who, We know paypal is a small issue and understand that concern we will not turn someone away based on not heaving use of Internet etc. You don't have to have a paypal account to use paypal, paypal allows use of a credit, debit or checking account to be used in a secure environment with said banking details only known to paypal it self. We only receive the payment and the information as to who made it. A system is in place to issue what we will consider your pass at the gate when you arrive by a member. The people with smart phones can actually purchase for example a guest pass on the way to The Village and get the pass handed to them once they arrive and they sign the waivers at the gate.

The lots will only be 4 passes even if 2 campers are on it "same as Dave's", but one reason we made the unlimited pass deal was if friends or whatever also want to be on that lot etc. As far as moving in keeping the road in mind and knowing how it is at the moment bringing a camper in there would be a mission to say the least. We would really like to get the junk out as well. Making a plan to do that soon is being talked about, and again the road is going to happen as soon as the weather will let us. 3 culvert pipes need to be put in to control the water and at that point we can resurface it.

We will have someone on site, we have a few people that can rotate and maintain a full time 24/7 presence. Details on that will be released when we make our final vote on it.

Let us talk about the discount, my opinion is its a good idea, the only down side is our primary goal of paying this property off asap.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeh Im happy with the prices and everyone needs to remember the club is not doing this to make money,, all money will be used to fix and pay for the place, and like the Village said all extra money will be donated to Veterans. So I dont want or need a discount, as for I know my money is going to a very good cause.

Thread Information