Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Only two complaints I have is the members only thing. I live 15min, away and not interested in a yearly spot. Maybe, but probably not. I also never have $100 around, I'm broke. I usually go Saturday night around 10pm and camp till Sunday, wheel the day and go home. Dave's setup is perfect, pay the $10 when I wheel. I can't always swing $100 for a package. Also, getting to Forbidden Zone in the rain sux, Saturday evenings u can never get thru Scooby traffic and its impossible on holiday weekends. $500 is a good deal and I support everything u guys are doing and will help in any way possible. Those are my concerns, if Oak Tree closes you have given us another option and thanks for that option.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Rider View Post
    Nope, Joe is a bad mofo. He carves the thanksgiving tukey with that same chainsaw.
    Quote Originally Posted by yjcorey655 View Post
    i'm starting to think joe is one gnarly mugga fugga

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheVillageohvClub View Post
    The more people we can get together the more we can keep a eye on each others area's and hopefully stop the vandals and do a better job of trail/hill condition reporting etc. The web is a powerful tool and we want to thank wellsvilletrails.com for putting forth the effort they have to bring a good part of us "wellsville riders together"
    That's what this site is all about. Glad you joined our cause. Just trying to make the ville, via this website, a community of like minded enthusiast, give it back a good reputation and keep it alive. If ur plan goes though as planned, then you guy will have a thread all to your own. (just as the other camps have one now)

I'd be cool with payin the $500 a year (just like oaktree) and then I get to park and ride as I please (just like oaktree).

You guys plan to clean forbidden up at all? Clear out some new spots and clean up the old ones? Perhaps throw in some solar powered lightpoles and a port-a-john or two and do your best to patrol it? I'm just kinda leary with the way things have been in that campground the last couple of years and the people that cause the havoc, not knowing its a new and improved site. I got a feeling that once the word gets out and oak tree is no more, your gunna get a lot of those campers migrating to your spot.
    Last edited by Deadlast; 01-12-2011 at 12:35 AM.
    91 YJ (2" lift - needs some lovin), 01 YFM366 (waaaayyy too much to list, its a money pit), SDG 125 Pitbike

THE ULTIMATE WELLSVILLE PLAYLIST
    THE ULTIMATE WELLSVILLE PLAYLIST: PART II
    THE ULTIMATE WELLSVILLE PLAYLIST: PART III

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joe_and_jeep View Post
    Only two complaints I have is the members only thing. I live 15min, away and not interested in a yearly spot. Maybe, but probably not. I also never have $100 around, I'm broke. I usually go Saturday night around 10pm and camp till Sunday, wheel the day and go home. Dave's setup is perfect, pay the $10 when I wheel. I can't always swing $100 for a package. Also, getting to Forbidden Zone in the rain sux, Saturday evenings u can never get thru Scooby traffic and its impossible on holiday weekends. $500 is a good deal and I support everything u guys are doing and will help in any way possible. Those are my concerns, if Oak Tree closes you have given us another option and thanks for that option.
    I see your post as concerns more so than complaints, points made are valid with the traffic at scooby and we are open to suggestions on trying to make that better. I guess that is the question of the day, how do you get everyone riding the area to respect the fact that say someone needs to get in or out. A iron fist doesn't work we know that from past people trying to do it, that approach just cause's hate. The Village ohv Club has no intention of even trying to conduct our selves like that, and people posting signs in the past always seem to get taken down. Worse yet in a emergency someone has to get out, basically "we riders" have an unwritten trail code of conduct in wellsville roughly speaking MOST riders are considerate but scooby is always a issue. Even more so on a holiday weekends.

Your concern of cost, we are a non profit, our first goal is to pay the property off as soon as possible and maintain the property, and lastly what is left will go to help veterans of our military in times of need for what they have done to help insure our freedom in this country. So with that being said, the package sets was the best way we thought to keep operation cost low and maximizing funds to were we would like them to go. Make sense??

We are open to idea's, and we will take them into consideration.

Post Thanks / Like

I see your post as concerns more so than complaints, points made are valid with the traffic at scooby and we are open to suggestions on trying to make that better. I guess that is the question of the day, how do you get everyone riding the area to respect the fact that say someone needs to get in or out. A iron fist doesn't work we know that from past people trying to do it, that approach just cause's hate. The Village ohv Club has no intention of even trying to conduct our selves like that, and people posting signs in the past always seem to get taken down. Worse yet in a emergency someone has to get out, basically "we riders" have an unwritten trail code of conduct in wellsville roughly speaking MOST riders are considerate but scooby is always a issue. Even more so on a holiday weekends.

Your concern of cost, we are a non profit, our first goal is to pay the property off as soon as possible and maintain the property, and lastly what is left will go to help veterans of our military in times of need for what they have done to help insure our freedom in this country. So with that being said, the package sets was the best way we thought to keep operation cost low and maximizing funds to were we would like them to go. Make sense??

I'm content with the cost, the yearly due for a camping spot is good. $10 a day is spot on, I just can't swing buying it in $100 packages.

Scooby, good question. There is no way around the crowd. We usually just go around it in the rigs but with a car hauler there isn't a way past it. Even if you widened the road then that would just give more room for partiers.
    Nope, Joe is a bad mofo. He carves the thanksgiving tukey with that same chainsaw.

Post Thanks / Like

Another question, with Daves property 4 guys can go in on a spot. What's your plan? I would definately buy a spot if me and a few friends can go in on it.

Post Thanks / Like

The group thing brings up a good topic! me and 2 other buddies thought bout settin a camp up till they burned all the shit... but now its more appealing, My question is if us 3 go in on a camp will there be visitor rights? i mean not every weekend i can make it but one friend might now can he bring a buddie or two and have a lesser charge or do they gotta buy the sets? Im not worried bout payin any money but i dont wanna feel like i been double dipped on fees.... Now between me and my 2 buddies we bring our wifes and kids then you get a small crowd is there gonna be any family list or anything along them lines? I really appreciate the idea and keep moving foward you got my vote!

Post Thanks / Like

I have first hand witnesses an emergency situation at Scooby and would you believe that idiots would not move there rig for an ambulance trying to get through. Some of the guys I was with actually pushed some quads by hand out of the way and move somebodys truck just so the ambulance could get through.

The only way would be to post signs up stating please dont block main trail through scooby area for EMERGENCY reasons.
    And like everyone says ,, the power of the internet.. Everytime we see someone parked in the road way,, take a pic with your phone of there rig so we can post it here and bash the crap out of them for there stupidity.
    Make the signs out of something free like old vinyl siding scrapes. Probably have to put a new one up every weekend. Maybe try to mount the signs up high that way the evil people cant get to them as easy.

Also if there is anything wellsvilletrails could do to help,, we are all for it. If u need a heavy equipment operator to operate a rented piece of equipment I could operate it for u as Im a heavy operator,, I also know of another guy who does the same type of work and would be happy to donate his time as well.
    Like most Im very happy to see someone step up and do what you all are doing. The veteran thing even makes it better

Post Thanks / Like

Just a suggestion: Possible rates like Dave has, a set amount for how many riders for how many days.
    Because not everyone has 5 people to ride with for 2 days. Myself, I have 4 people that like to go Saturday morning and leave in the evening. Using that as an example, it wouldn't make sence for us to spend 100 dollars for 5 people for 2 days.

Heck, being you have controle, you could probally charge $15 per person for a day. Like many others, I simply could not see spending $100 every weekend to go riding! And say if someone would like to spend the night (weither it is in a sleeping bag, in a tent, or in their truck) charge them double and a half.

For example:

$15 per person
    $35 per person over night
    $50 per person for a long weekend

1 person comes for 1 day = $15
    1 person comes for 2 days = $35
    1 person comes for 3 days = $50

2 people come for 1 day = $30
    2 people come for 2 days = $70
    2 people come for 3 days = $100

5 people come for 1 day = $75
    5 people come for 2 days = $175
    5 people come for 3 days = $250

10 people come for 1 day = $150
    10 people come for 2 days = $350
    10 people come for 3 days = $500

I don't know, but that seems like a potential for greater funds. It would intrest many more people too I would think. You could also keep your 'sets' for "package deals" or what not to make the deal seem greater! Just a thought! What does everyone think? I, personally would gladly pay $15-$20 to continue to ride at the Ville and not have to "sneak" in or face potential trasspassing charges and such..

Post Thanks / Like

How about guard rails on the sides of the roadway at scooby. Obviously youd need an opening for access but that may keep folks from blockign it completely.

Post Thanks / Like

The place has to be cleaned up, some of the burnt stuff has been taken out already. We do plan on some solar lights. Keeping a eye on the place is a must.
    We will make a decision this weekend on the price plan, keep the ideas coming. The more opinions the better.

Post Thanks / Like

The place has to be cleaned up, some of the burnt stuff has been taken out already. We do plan on some solar lights. Keeping a eye on the place is a must.
    We will make a decision this weekend on the price plan, keep the ideas coming. The more opinions the better.
    Yeah no shit, the place is basically a large dump at the moment. All the campers just tossed there trash everywhere and at one point they started a huge pile directly across from where the forebiddenzones RV use to sit. Let alone all the burnt campers. You all have your work set out.

Post Thanks / Like

The scooby issue is easy, just tell the people to move if you see em parked in the road way. keep the word alive and people will get the idear. All true and respectable wheelers never park on the flat anyways. Myself and my crew would never and tell others not to too. It needs to be open for coop stageing. The one part of the trail just up from scoob could stand to get just a tad wider, it'd help with the flow a little better, but most of that road is wide enough.

Quote Originally Posted by OhioRenegade View Post
    Yeah no shit, the place is basically a large dump at the moment. All the campers just tossed there trash everywhere and at one point they started a huge pile directly across from where the forebiddenzones RV use to sit. Let alone all the burnt campers. You all have your work set out.
    Least you can get some cashola for scrap! With the one or two big lights, perhaps have some deer cameras mounted up secretly near entrance points. Good way to catch jackasses if havoc were to go down.

If I can pay $500 fpr the year, have me my brother and 1 or 2 guest come and go as we pleas and not have anything happen to my camper (the exact way I've had it in oaktree) I'd be more then happy to pay, help yall clean the place up, spread the good word and support how ever need be. Consider one lot sold if this can be the case! i got dips on a good one, hahaha

Also, many years back when forbidden was kinda nice, I had some buddies that camped there and the sites were tiny. You get a decent sized group in there and parkin was a mess and we were ontop the the neighbors (usually they were invited to the fun) but still, I know how it is to go down and want to get away. All I'm sayin is take the rigs, guests, campers, and fire pits into consideration when thinking about settin up the sites.
    Last edited by Deadlast; 01-12-2011 at 10:59 AM.
    91 YJ (2" lift - needs some lovin), 01 YFM366 (waaaayyy too much to list, its a money pit), SDG 125 Pitbike

Post Thanks / Like

So how much did you pay for the land or how much are you leasing it for. Hopefully you got it cheap.

Post Thanks / Like

Was there a reason for the thread to get closed? I had to reopen the thread to post.

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't close it. Some one else messing with it? Posters try to close it by mistake?

Post Thanks / Like

I live 15-20 min away. I'd be more than willing to come up and lend a hand. I even would bring up my tractor with front loader. I really want to see you guys make this successful. Price it identical to Oak Tree and make it easier to get in and out safely. Kamikaze riders flying down the road when I'm driving up in my truck/trailer is another concern.

Post Thanks / Like

I live 15-20 min away. I'd be more than willing to come up and lend a hand. I even would bring up my tractor with front loader. I really want to see you guys make this successful. Price it identical to Oak Tree and make it easier to get in and out safely. Kamikaze riders flying down the road when I'm driving up in my truck/trailer is another concern.
    Ill help to joe and I would be willing to get a camp area but there is to many grey areas about camping at the moment. Not to pick anyone out but those prices that colton said would be crazy high.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OhioRenegade View Post
    Was there a reason for the thread to get closed? I had to reopen the thread to post.
    I was wondering the same thing this morning, I was going to post and couldn't

Post Thanks / Like

We will get it sorted out this weekend, help is always welcome, we talked about makeing a bypass trail around the road today it is do able. Maybe we could keep the offroad traffic on it as much as possable.

Post Thanks / Like

sometimes me and the gf will come down right before sunset on saturday, ride and party all night. ride a little bit when we get up and then leave. we pay dave the $10 bucks and we're happy. if you match that price i would definitely support a rider owned campground. i have no plans to set a camper anywhere so what i do now works out perfectly for me. if i could buy a single pass for the year and could park somewhere for the night that would be the shit!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I agree w/ matching oak tree prices completly. the price mentioned is kinda high, i plan on purchasing a site and i live lil over a hr away which aint bad but some folks come from far.. now if i strap 8,000 lbs to my truck there is some gas use goin on then i gotta fill the mud rig so it gets pricy for the long distance guys, when i get a site this wont pertain to me but im just lookin out for the guys pullin far distance.

I think thats a good idea as far as the bypas road to alleviate the main drive in there, and the lighting idea is GREAT!!! may keep the scum from nosin were they dont belong, another idea to kick around maybe a shit-house??? eh? i dont mind the woods but sometimes u just cant find the right log to contour your ass right.. ya know?... another thing is dont have to be the first year somwere in the future it would be nice to see a trailer in there for conveniance like mentioned earlier, tire plugs,air, ice, pop, maybe a hotdog, chips, whatnot shit like that because being a fine suspect of dui, iv been cuaght saturday drunk and actually wanting a glass of water from heat and to scared to drive my truck to town for fear of another dui...lol (cooler water will do) But it all sounds great. Out of curiosity how many camps are taken already gotta set up paypal yet

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ColtonW View Post
    Just a suggestion: Possible rates like Dave has, a set amount for how many riders for how many days.
    Because not everyone has 5 people to ride with for 2 days. Myself, I have 4 people that like to go Saturday morning and leave in the evening. Using that as an example, it wouldn't make sence for us to spend 100 dollars for 5 people for 2 days.

Heck, being you have controle, you could probally charge $15 per person for a day. Like many others, I simply could not see spending $100 every weekend to go riding! And say if someone would like to spend the night (weither it is in a sleeping bag, in a tent, or in their truck) charge them double and a half.

For example:

$15 per person
    $35 per person over night
    $50 per person for a long weekend

1 person comes for 1 day = $15
    1 person comes for 2 days = $35
    1 person comes for 3 days = $50

2 people come for 1 day = $30
    2 people come for 2 days = $70
    2 people come for 3 days = $100

5 people come for 1 day = $75
    5 people come for 2 days = $175
    5 people come for 3 days = $250

10 people come for 1 day = $150
    10 people come for 2 days = $350
    10 people come for 3 days = $500

I don't know, but that seems like a potential for greater funds. It would intrest many more people too I would think. You could also keep your 'sets' for "package deals" or what not to make the deal seem greater! Just a thought! What does everyone think? I, personally would gladly pay $15-$20 to continue to ride at the Ville and not have to "sneak" in or face potential trasspassing charges and such..

I agree there should be some sort of daily per person rate and the rates above seem fair to me. There's quite a few people like myself that only come to Wellsville a couple of times a year on non holiday weekends to ride with a couple of friends. I'm happy to see the area will remain open and accessible and hope to see you all later this year!

Post Thanks / Like

Yea, those prices are ment for examples only. The price can be whatever the group wants it to be, but I was just giving them an example. I, too only go a few times a year and I can not justify spending a whole lot of money for 1 or 2 days of riding.. I really liked the pricing Dave had!

Post Thanks / Like

And guys remember even is the prices I mentioned were used, YOU wouldn't be paying $500 for 3 days with 10 of your buddies, you'd still be paying $50 which sounds pretty fair being that includes 3 days at Wellsville + camping!

Post Thanks / Like

The other thing I didn't see, was what area this covers. In the past I tent camped in the area close to the powerline / outhouse. Would there still be tent camping area available?

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure when Hillbilly Bob shows up in his 1972 F250 with his pack of toofless friends he isn't gonna want to or be able paypal an 8 day pass. And these guys are the ones that are going to pay off the property.

Post Thanks / Like

Hell yea, I'll help ya'll fix yer driveway. And who you callin' toofless?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	imagejpeg952p.JPG 
Views:	88 
Size:	45.7 KB 
ID:	985 Hahaha.
    2013 Can Am Renegade 1000R X xc
    2016 Polaris RZR XP Turbo

Post Thanks / Like

What about the people that still hav eunburnt campers up there and are "paid" until later this year?

Will they have a chance to get there stuff?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by offroadohio View Post
    What about the people that still hav eunburnt campers up there and are "paid" until later this year?

Will they have a chance to get there stuff?
    We have contacted the ones that we know of, the others we do not know we hope will be notified by word of mouth from this site. Past deals that were made we will not honored, based soley on the situation of the dealing that took place on the land. They are welcome to collect what they own.

I can not comment on those dealings but investigation of the Jefferson County court house records and local News papers might enlighten you.

Post Thanks / Like

We are going to meet today.

Price options will be voted on by the board and we will release that update here and our site on Sunday.

Would people like to see Events? If so then what type of Events do you feel would be best, if we are to have them then we need to start planning for those. It takes a while to gather sponsors and organize good ones.

We would like to thank everyone for the input so far and ask you please keep it coming. "Be a member of a positive change"

Thread Information