Page 1 of 11 12345678 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default NEW CAMPGROUND OPENING

so i heard there is a new campground that will be opening shortly on the land where forbidden zone was. www.villageohvclub.com .i guess we're not done ridin yet.

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Rider View Post
    Nope, Joe is a bad mofo. He carves the thanksgiving tukey with that same chainsaw.
    Quote Originally Posted by yjcorey655 View Post
    i'm starting to think joe is one gnarly mugga fugga

Post Thanks / Like

this seems promising, but say you park at yellow creek, then you ride into forbidden zone, wtf is gonna be there, will there be people watching to see if anybody comes in or what, or is it just a gate at the road asking for a tole

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kawijeremy View Post
    this seems promising, but say you park at yellow creek, then you ride into forbidden zone, wtf is gonna be there, will there be people watching to see if anybody comes in or what, or is it just a gate at the road asking for a tole
    Kind of what I was thinking. This seems weird.

Post Thanks / Like

After reading their website it sounds like members only. But we'll have to wait and see. Be kinda dick if they where dicks about their property. I'm cool with supporting their cause but I'm not paying to ride on their property when I pay Dave. 500 a year ain't bad for a spot, but I won't tow up there, that road sux ass. Especially holiday weekends, also when it rains.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Rider View Post
    Nope, Joe is a bad mofo. He carves the thanksgiving tukey with that same chainsaw.
    i'm starting to think joe is one gnarly mugga fugga

Post Thanks / Like

that road sux. if thats what i gotta do to ride then so be it

Post Thanks / Like

Thats awesome! Hopefully they do some improvements.

Post Thanks / Like

That is wayy too much money. I much rather pay a local $20 to part in your driveway and ride in vs. pay the $500 for 1 year or $100 for 2 days. The prices are rediculous!

Post Thanks / Like

We agree the road does sux at the moment and has for years, it will be addressed as soon as the weather permits.

We are not coming in to make huge changes, the property will have to be posted for liability reasons ONLY. So in short the only thing you might notice is private property signs.

Pricing is basically the same as oak tree, the passes are sold in sets i.e. a set of 5 2-day passes are 100.00 that works out to ten dollars a day, a set of 8 day passes works out to twelve dollars per day, and a set of 2 holiday weekend passes ends up being 12.50 per day based on a 4 day weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheVillageohvClub View Post
    We agree the road does sux at the moment and has for years, it will be addressed as soon as the weather permits.

We are not coming in to make huge changes, the property will have to be posted for liability reasons ONLY. So in short the only thing you might notice is private property signs.

Pricing is basically the same as oak tree, the passes are sold in sets i.e. a set of 5 2-day passes are 100.00 that works out to ten dollars a day, a set of 8 day passes works out to twelve dollars per day, and a set of 2 holiday weekend passes ends up being 12.50 per day based on a 4 day weekend.
    Welcome! Thanks for dropping in, sounds fair to me. Im happy to see it open for offroad folks!

Post Thanks / Like

However, what if only 2 people want to go for 1 day? I think the pricing "sets" need some adjusting, but that's just me.

Post Thanks / Like

So is this property out of the typical "wellsville" area? Or just a new new place to camp and park. Have you delt with the baard people yet? I have the idea that they are wanted to buy up buffer land also, so that might just be all of the ville that we know of.
    Last edited by Deadlast; 01-10-2011 at 11:46 AM.
    91 YJ (2" lift - needs some lovin), 01 YFM366 (waaaayyy too much to list, its a money pit), SDG 125 Pitbike

THE ULTIMATE WELLSVILLE PLAYLIST
    THE ULTIMATE WELLSVILLE PLAYLIST: PART II
    THE ULTIMATE WELLSVILLE PLAYLIST: PART III

Post Thanks / Like

they'll work things out, just give them some time they'll figure it out

Post Thanks / Like

smooth road =

Post Thanks / Like

There's alot of campers burnt up there just like at Oak Tree. Is something going to be done to prevent that or is it gonna be camp at your own risk? I won't be able to get my rig up there, so it would be nice to have a place to leave a camper. (if Oak Tree closes)
    2013 Can Am Renegade 1000R X xc
    2016 Polaris RZR XP Turbo

Post Thanks / Like

The biggest reason for forming as a club was to have better control over whats going on, eyes watching and active communication via the web. Its about the only way we will be able to stop the theft and burning.

We are considering a social member riding permit for people that don't have a interest in actually having a spot on the property, but there again we are a club we want active members that care about having a safe place to leave there things. We really feel its only a very small hand full of people committing these acts of theft and burning. The area has always in our eyes been a place to ride and have a good time but in the past few years we have had a lot of loss. People work hard for the things they have and if a camper is put there or any were else then it should be respected.

Post Thanks / Like

Is this gunna be before or after the break for 307 (road up to forbidden) if you were coming up from the river (going north)?

Sounds promising.
    91 YJ (2" lift - needs some lovin), 01 YFM366 (waaaayyy too much to list, its a money pit), SDG 125 Pitbike

Post Thanks / Like

Is the land owned or leased? Also, if I come in via oak tree and come up powerline into "forbiddonzone" which I gather is now villege ohv club land) will I have to buy a pass to drive through?

Post Thanks / Like

It is what was forbidden......

Post Thanks / Like

That answered niether of my 2 questions.

21. Likes sjohnson liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The land is under a purchase agreement, and NO we will not be attempting to put a toll gate up.... There is no hidden agenda, everything that has been posted here has been rather straight forward and are intentions on the web site are as written. Its no different than if you camp at the village and ride on Dave's land "Oak Tree" we have talked to Dave already about this concern when we was in the organizing stages.

Post Thanks / Like

The land is under a purchase agreement, and NO we will not be attempting to put a toll gate up.... There is no hidden agenda, everything that has been posted here has been rather straight forward and are intentions on the web site are as written. Its no different than if you camp at the village and ride on Dave's land "Oak Tree" we have talked to Dave already about this concern when we was in the organizing stages.

as a seasoned veteran with an advanced level of OHV use who has ridden on this property for decades (excuse the plagarism) i commend, appreciate, and am sincerely grateful for your efforts and achievements (if as posted) by you and yours that i have just now read about in this thread and your link to villageohvclub.com.

i curerently share a camp at yellow creek and have been there in 3 different locations since @1995 and will probably stay there as i like swimming after a brutal summer's day of hillclimbing.

i generally carry a chainsaw to open blocked trails or a shovel to 'manicure' the climbs and have put alot of effort into making the climbs "accesible" for those that can handle it, so am no slacker about doing more than my part to keep as much 'open' as possible (physically speaking)

i'll probably be getting in touch even if only for more detailed communication about "keeping the area more secure for OHV use in the future"

preacher

PRO WEDGES RULE

sheepskin hill/aka topsoil

THE GOOD THING ABOUT QUADS IS ANYBODY CAN RIDE THEM
    THE BAD THING ABOUT QUADS IS ANYBODY CAN RIDE THEM

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the answers.

Post Thanks / Like

you guys should set up beer stand. just throwing that out there.

Post Thanks / Like

Wasn't this land in the news a few months back over ownership? I hope that it is all square away now. Good news for us ville fans. I hope this plan will pan out for the best. Being a Oaktree camper myself, I might be lookin for a new place to call camp/set my camper.........well, that is if it makes it through winter.

Post Thanks / Like

you guys should set up beer stand. just throwing that out there.
    or set up some pop machines with beer and pop in them,, but if the thieves are still on the loose then I dont know. Maybe build a small shack so you could lock it up during the week but open it on the weekend. Make sure you would get some ridiculous fire insurance on the building,, that way when the pricks burn it down you could make off big.

Post Thanks / Like

That would be cool! And if they don't want to build a building, do like they do at Wayne National Forest and Mines and Meadows; they have a camper that they keep drinks, candy and they cook easy stuff like hot dogs. I don't know if they pull it in and out everyday or not. We have to run to Gibby's just about every weekend, so it would be awesome to have something on the trail. (And have stuff like oil, tire plugs, fuses, ect...)
    2013 Can Am Renegade 1000R X xc
    2016 Polaris RZR XP Turbo

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlast View Post
    Wasn't this land in the news a few months back over ownership? I hope that it is all square away now. Good news for us ville fans. I hope this plan will pan out for the best. Being a Oaktree camper myself, I might be lookin for a new place to call camp/set my camper.........well, that is if it makes it through winter.
    This issue has been taken care of, and at this time we can not comment any more on that subject for legal reasons. I have not seen the news report myself but we do know there "was" a issue.

We are very grateful for your and every ones positive response to our plan, it has been in for a great deal of time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by preacher250r View Post
    as a seasoned veteran with an advanced level of OHV use who has ridden on this property for decades (excuse the plagarism) i commend, appreciate, and am sincerely grateful for your efforts and achievements (if as posted) by you and yours that i have just now read about in this thread and your link to villageohvclub.com.

i curerently share a camp at yellow creek and have been there in 3 different locations since @1995 and will probably stay there as i like swimming after a brutal summer's day of hillclimbing.

i generally carry a chainsaw to open blocked trails or a shovel to 'manicure' the climbs and have put alot of effort into making the climbs "accesible" for those that can handle it, so am no slacker about doing more than my part to keep as much 'open' as possible (physically speaking)

i'll probably be getting in touch even if only for more detailed communication about "keeping the area more secure for OHV use in the future"

preacher

PRO WEDGES RULE
    We welcome everyone at yellow creek, thanks for the positive response.... The more people we can get together the more we can keep a eye on each others area's and hopefully stop the vandals and do a better job of trail/hill condition reporting etc. The web is a powerful tool and we want to thank wellsvilletrails.com for putting forth the effort they have to bring a good part of us "wellsville riders together"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ridindirty View Post
    That would be cool! And if they don't want to build a building, do like they do at Wayne National Forest and Mines and Meadows; they have a camper that they keep drinks, candy and they cook easy stuff like hot dogs. I don't know if they pull it in and out everyday or not. We have to run to Gibby's just about every weekend, so it would be awesome to have something on the trail. (And have stuff like oil, tire plugs, fuses, ect...)

This is a good idea, aside from the guy that sells bike parts at Dave's or his pop machine we have nothing. I don't know if the club would support it but to be honest I don't know how many times I've ran out of things to drink or could have really used a hot dog in the middle of a ride. comments like this is what we mean by "Be a members of a positive change"

Thread Information